Opinions.... How does this argument work?

Blackoyote

Established Member
Just to be clear, at no point did YOUR car look like the 'bad ass' version, correct? I feel that some people in here may think that these are different pics of your actual car at different phases. Or is the top pic when you lived in a different state, before the interior got ruined? I just see different plates, exhaust, badges, etc...I wouldn't think anyone who has CCWs would also think the bottom wheels are acceptable.

DZANDERSEN

Established Member
Although they're different cars the bottom car with the big **** boy wheels I assume to be your car. I wouldn't say ruined is the correct title for it because appearance mods are easily interchangeable but for the duration that you own it I assume it's going to look like that which in most every cobra owner or fans eyes excluding you, looks like shit. But you seem to be more worried about curb appeal on your side of the neighborhood and if your flat brimmed hat matches the rest of your outfit rather than the performance of your performance car.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
OP get's mad when people on this site don't like what he's chose to do with his car, so OP starts a new thread. OP is trolling and I'm not biting.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
OP, it is YOUR CAR, so do what you think is cool with it.

Personally, I wouldn't ever go with anything larger than an 18" wheel on a new edge. The wheel opening in the body just doesn't work well with it, IMO. A larger SUV, or even a newer Charger, Challenger, Camaro, and dare I say Mustang (?) have larger wheel openings that can make running a 20" look ALMOST decent.

But like I said, it is YOUR car. Do what you want and don't worry about what other people think, no matter how bad it makes your car look.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
OP I'm pretty sure you already knew what most people on this site would say. Donks are a cultural thing in the same way low riders are, and for like 99% of people on this site, donks aren't in our culture...

To be fair, I wouldn't like your car sitting on 14" daytons with whitewalls either.

This! If you were on a forum were people put larger than normal wheels on a car, then you wouldn't catch as much flack, but like said above, its a culture thing. If I went on a forum dedicated to 22"+ wheels and tried to show off my stock 17's, I would catch a lot of flack for it.

With that being said, its your car and you should do your thing and not worry about it, there are people that like your car and people that dont. Can't make everyone happy, and why would you want to?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
No Mustang should ever have 20"+ wheels. Period. Not even from the factory. So glad the GT350/GT350R will only have 19s.

GoingHaam

Established Member
The smaller wheels.
And as to width,they should never stick out farther than the inside of the lip at the top of the wheel well.

They are as flush as humanly possible

16283275494_ee0d2fa96f_z.jpg

Just to be clear, at no point did YOUR car look like the 'bad ass' version, correct? I feel that some people in here may think that these are different pics of your actual car at different phases. Or is the top pic when you lived in a different state, before the interior got ruined? I just see different plates, exhaust, badges, etc...I wouldn't think anyone who has CCWs would also think the bottom wheels are acceptable.

No, top car is not mine... its for comparison purposes... COR Forged and CCW are both very highend brands so i dont see the argumen. there.... Design wise, the top and bottom.... and even YOUR wheel are based off of the same similar design (minus the steplip).... Size is the main difference

I wouldn't say ruined is the correct title for it because appearance mods are easily interchangeable but for the duration that you own it I assume it's going to look like that......

No, i dont plan on keeping those wheels on forever.... I CURRENTLY HAVE smaller wheels as well.... Im not delusional, i dont want to dodge potholes for the rest of my life... just something i like in the moment... IN ADDITION to the traditional looking cars

OP get's mad when people on this site doesn't like what he's chose to do with his car, so OP starts a new thread. OP is trolling and I'm not biting.

Mad? How? Not at all.....the vary first word in the title is "opinions" I have been on this site for years... and its not the first pic I ever posted...

The Thread was never about "majority preference".... I know that!

My question was how do people go straight to the term "RUINED".... for a plug and play easily changeable part...

No lifting, cutting, or modification was made to the car! its lowered, just like 95% of the cars on this site... just not the usual 2+" its 1.5"....

I like all Genres....Actually even the "bashers" here with cars in their cars in their sigs... i honestly like them.. even tho there are very traditional....

being on both sides of the fence and interacting with all people from different genres, I have notice that "Performance/Muscle Oriented" genre take so much offense to other genres...where as vise versa not so... Ive never heard other genres complain on why the next guy made his car so fast...

Last edited:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I'd say they're just a tad too much for that car. Had it been an 05+ car, it probably would've looked better. Just my opinion

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Ive never heard other genres complain on why the next guy made his car so fast...

Oh, they're out there! You can search SVTP for posts like "Why do you need so much HP? You can't use it on the street anyway."

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
looks ghetto fabulous.

must suck to pull up to a meet to know everyone is laughing at you under their breath.

fwiw, the first example slated "badass" doesnt look good either, polished lip black wheels are so horrendous even donking out your cobra wasnt a step up or down, just a step to the side. If I bought a cobra with polished wheels id grab the first set of wheels from craigslist I could find that fit too just to get that crap off my car.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... If I bought a cobra with polished wheels id grab the first set of wheels from craigslist I could find that fit too just to get that crap off my car.

And put what on it? You're definitely in a small minority that don't like polished lip on black wheels.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
And put what on it? You're definitely in a small minority that don't like polished lip on black wheels.

anything other than black w/polished lip. IMO its like being fake to me, "I want a black wheel, but I also want to keep some flair!" Go one or the other. I love all black, but I also love all chrome/polished.

Honestly id throw on some stockers and be way happier than even the most expensive set of black/polished lip wheels.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if your car is pullied i would have to imagine its like driving on ice skates.

are those 22s? im assuming so. i dont think even 20s look so big on a new edge. personally i think 19s is the max for these cars and i know most dont even agree with that.

what size tires are you running? they appear to be very short sidewall and narrow, which explains how you're able to get away with an 11.5 back there. how does it ride with such short sidewalls? you also have to be careful you dont damage your lips with big potholes. sidewall=protection

not my cup of tea and this is a performance based forum so its not the type of tea many here drink either but i can see why you'd choose a cobra vert for your style youre into. better than a V6 lol.

the car's not ruined, the wheels can easily be changed by the current owner or the next. as for the interior, you customized it the way you wanted it. also not popular to do here lol. ive met people who hate the stock 10th anni red/black interiors. had they not come from the factory like that, 99.9% of svtpers would hate it lol. same with the mc interior. if that was someone's custom aftermarket work many many people would say its horrible and ghetto. since its stock, it gets a pass; though many still do not like it.

same thing with MC paint. many dont like it as it is. but can you imagine if it was not a factory paint option? and some guy just painted his car like that? he'd never hear the end of it lol. :rolling: people would say "you ruined your car with your ghetto fabulous flip flop paint job!" lol
but since its a stock paint option, its ****ing awesome!! :rockon:

im monday morning rambling here as i try to get through my first cup of coffee lol.

tnuce10

Established Member
In my opinion, your wheels don't ruin your car at all. I do not like the wheels one bit, but they can be changed in a matter of minutes, so in my mind that is a simple fix.

However, I do think your interior ruined the car. I am a bit of a purist when it comes to cars. I don't like making changed that are permanent or require a serious amount of work to return to stock. There was a Viper for sale on here recently that had a custom interior and several people commented saying how great it looked...I thought it looked like shit. All that went through my mind was how much of a pain in the ass it would be to return to stock. Similar to your interior.

While it isn't completely gone, it would require a decent investment to put back to stock. And the number of people that would be interested in trading or buying your interior pieces would be very limited.

But, to each their own...it's your car, and I hope you love it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

same thing with MC paint. many dont like it as it is. but can you imagine if it was not a factory paint option? and some guy just painted his car like that? he'd never hear the end of it lol. :rolling: people would say "you ruined your car with your ghetto fabulous flip flop paint job!" lol
but since its a stock paint option, its ****ing awesome!! :rockon:

You're so right! If mystichrome wasn't a factory paint job, people would indeed be calling it ghetto fabulous and only a certain "culture" :rolleyes: would like it. But since it's factory, it's A-Ok. And I didn't know they offered a mystichrome interior!! That's crazy.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
If Mystichrome wasn't factory there is no way in hell I'd own it. lol

Users who are viewing this thread