Opinions from those with a GoPro

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
As much as they cost, I'm leaning toward a 360 camera like a Fly or something.

I've got a couple of GoPros and haven't really been too impressed. Remote control app is buggy, suction cups don't always hold (thank goodness I have a steel tether cable), etc.

Buy used or knockoff brand.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
You use the Virb for track days right? What other things do you use to get brake/throttle/track map overlays? I took the Raptor to an event this last weekend and found that I’m horribly inconsistent and would like to see WTF I’m doing after the fact.

You need a Aim data accusation, does g forces, track mapping and the software will help in your driving inconsistencies.
AiM, The World Leader in Data Acquisition

Blown 89

Established Member
Same thing, just more money.
Not even remotely. If the AIM hardware and software is anything like what we use it's a completely different animal for people interested in studying lap splits

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Not even remotely. If the AIM hardware and software is anything like what we use it's a completely different animal for people interested in studying lap splits
Well as much as I want the best of the best with every feature known to man, I have to be realistic. Didn’t even look at the price of the AIM, but expensive it looked. Really I’m just looking to see what speed/throttle input I’m hitting jumps with, not where I started braking to hit an apex and how it lost me a tenth of a second. It’s for Raptor things not F1 things.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a basic go-pro hero I received as a bestman's gift three years ago and while it is adequate and functions well, it lacks a few features of the newer ones. What it really needs is a looping feature. Now you need to pull the unit or card and upload it to your p.c. when it would be so much easier if it just kept recording over old material until you choose not to do so.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Check out refurbished ones on Amazon

Me with a mop is like a frog riding a bicycle.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have a.. 4 I think. It's a POS and doesn't work now. I maybe got 5 uses out of it.

I have a 3 Black Edition I would sell.

I don't use it anymore since I purchased my Garmin Virb.

This will be my next one, unless someone can build a phone windshield mount that can hold a large phone without making it look like Michael J Fox was recording for me.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
GoPro Hero 4 here. Used it to video snorkeling in the Caymans. It is a very versatile little camera and the video looks pretty good.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
****ing waste of money. I bought a 4k knock off on Amazon for $75, it's amazing for the price. My opinion.....don't waste your money.
Borrowed a cheap one that a friend had. Took better video and the sound quality was better than the Hero 3 Im used to using.

nxhappy

Established Member
That doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. Read that if you gave it a 5 star review you get free accessories. Not sure if true but, gives me doubt in its actual quality.
mine works great, excellent picture too

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I run the UltraProX adventure camera version 8 and its been flawless for the last 5 years. Only gripe with it is that the exposure setting must be manually adjusted or the picture could be too bright or too dark. So i set my exposure as best i can. So far the videos have been great on 720 at 60fps. I havent really tried 1080 since i really only upload to youtube and dont need the full resolution. Just to share videos with friends at the autocross or backroads drives.

It also uses a Go-pro style case so all the accessories fit perfect. I use the suction cup mount alot for autocross and occasionally a double sided mount for my helmet for in car shots.

For $80 it was well worth it 5 years ago. Today id like to maybe go for something a little nicer but im not going to spend $300+ on a Go-pro. Ill more than likely try something off Amazon when the time comes to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread