Opinions 2014 GT500 vs 2017 GT with Roush supercharger 727 HP

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
^^ I don't know how to edit my post on the new setup.. anyway.. it's press and hold the brake pedal and double tap the traction control button to get into sport mode.

GT500wantabe

Established Member
My 2013 needs to be about 4K+ rpm for best acceleration from a roll. If so then with his 3.31 at 60 mph in 3rd is only turning 3100 rpm assuming a 28" tall rear tire. Best to start in 2nd gear.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Race should be close.... car are evenly matched if both drivers are equally skilled..

Papaw

Established Member
Just to get in your brother's head, tell him that you're going to do you best to get out in front of him because there's less of a chance of a 5.0 rod denting your fender if you're in front of him.

magrag

Established Member
We are on for Sunday!! I'm sure the 55 MPH will be bad for me, we just wanted to see what would happen. I went out to the raod we will be racing on today (it was dry) to try a couple trial 20 MPH rolling starts. I was suprised that the car didn't spin much, but then this road is what they call "chip-seal" which means it has a rougher surface than smooth state routes. I remember racing on this road in the late 1960's I had a 65 Mustang 2+2 "K' code Hipo and I would beat 396 Camaros and Chevelles because the tires I had then were RED line "wide ovals" and they really hooked up on "chip-seal pavement. Does the timing really get pulled with traction control on??? Never knew that.
Wish me luck and I hope to have results in Sunday eve.
Thanks for all the advise.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking forward to the results! You should do a couple of pulls from a dig as well, just for shits and giggles.
Good luck and please both of you guys be safe!!

magrag

Established Member
The results are here.
Race #1 20mph roll TC on---I jump out to about one car lenght lead and extend it to 2 lenghts aprox. We dedcided to let up at something about 105/115 MPH to be safe. He says he couldn't get traction.
Race #2 20 MPH roll ( he wants TC off WHY??? ,but I agree) If he couldn't get traction with TC on what will it be like with it off. Well, it was worst for him I got him by 3+ lengths. He's PO'ed
Race #3 He wants to go from a standing start (not in the original plan, but he is still POed so I agree) He tells me to pull up ahead of him and then I hear engine reving, tires spinning, and smoke pouring from the rear tires. I think he must have figured out how the line lock works. He blows me off the line by at least 3 lengths at about 85 I go by him??? After this race he says his clutch feels real soft and he thought it was slipping.
We did not do the 55 MPH roll because of his clutch.
Back at his house I pushed on his clutch pedal and it is very easy to push and has no free pedal play.
I believe that they are pretty even and traction is everything. With equal traction I am sure he will win.

This will not be the last time we will go at it , we have have performance cars from the mid 1960's Yes we are old "poops" that never grew up.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
The results are here.
Race #1 20mph roll TC on---I jump out to about one car lenght lead and extend it to 2 lenghts aprox. We dedcided to let up at something about 105/115 MPH to be safe. He says he couldn't get traction.
Race #2 20 MPH roll ( he wants TC off WHY??? ,but I agree) If he couldn't get traction with TC on what will it be like with it off. Well, it was worst for him I got him by 3+ lengths. He's PO'ed
Race #3 He wants to go from a standing start (not in the original plan, but he is still POed so I agree) He tells me to pull up ahead of him and then I hear engine reving, tires spinning, and smoke pouring from the rear tires. I think he must have figured out how the line lock works. He blows me off the line by at least 3 lengths at about 85 I go by him??? After this race he says his clutch feels real soft and he thought it was slipping.
Back at his house I pushed on his clutch pedal and it is very easy to push and has no free pedal play.
I believe that they are pretty even and traction is everything. With equal traction I am sure he will win.

This will not be the last time we will go at it , we have have performance cars from the mid 1960's Yes we are old "poops" that never grew up.

SMOKEM!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Once again the real King has emerged victorious!

13/14 FTMW.

The results are here.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
The results are here.

Nice postings, interesting to see how these would do against each other, props to you both for going at it.

Congrats on well representing, and being so humble. Anyone can have an explanation for losing one race, losing three, is losing, no excuses, your car is faster and quicker.

As for traction, you guys specifically wanted to see how you'd compare with limited tractions, aka no DRs, etc., and you did, traction is a huge issue for your car, so IMHO no one else can use it as an excuse against a GT500, lol.

He may get DRs and be much faster, but for not much more than that you can do a Revan kit and again drive around him all day. Considering you may have the only stock GT500 in America he was already lucky, haha.

All that being said I love the S550 too. Would love a nice twin turbo setup on one of those, just can't separate from the GT500 though.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Wow....terrific results and not what I expected.....which is why it is awesome .
magrag.... Props to YOU for managing your torque in wise ways !!;)
But..Oh-Oh...as you stated this is just the beginning ! Good Stuff.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
The results are here.

Great results, magrag! (Unsurprising to some of us.)

I echo ZYBORG's and Daffy's comments, along with Jam421's point about skillfully managing your torque/traction. Nicely done!

1971mach1

Established Member
Way to go, every one of the cars that I have seen sitting in showrooms or at road courses that have these mods have not addressed traction issues. Our cars are monsters and make me smile each time I fire it up or pass a BMW or Porsche on road course. Not taking anything from the new GT Mustang. Long live the King!!!

magrag

Established Member
We believe that his clutch is fried (could it be the burnout??). He thinks it will be covered with warrenty, but I don't think so time will tell after a trip to the dealer. I am old school where as every $$ spent on power you must spend same $$ on reliability. The clutch was something that should have been addressed when you add that much more power!! No one can tell me that a stock 2017 GT clutch will handle 727 HP, but I might be wrong.
Does Roush mod the clutch on their Stage 3??
Thanks for the support and I will keep you guys updated if you are interested.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
We believe that his clutch is fried (could it be the burnout??). He thinks it will be covered with warrenty, but I don't think so time will tell after a trip to the dealer. I am old school where as every $$ spent on power you must spend same $$ on reliability. The clutch was something that should have been addressed when you add that much more power!! No one can tell me that a stock 2017 GT clutch will handle 727 HP, but I might be wrong.
Does Roush mod the clutch on their Stage 3??
Thanks for the support and I will keep you guys updated if you are interested.

Nice results.

Since you guys will be playing again soon. I'd throw on a few goodies like the 13-6 kit so you could have a bigger smile on your face after playing.

Users who are viewing this thread