Operation "once you go black"

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Finally got my rims painted black! After doing the plastidip experiment a few times I decided to actually have them painted. The truck just looks so much better with black rims. I wanted to hydrodip them carbonfiber black but a few things didn't pan out for me to go that route. Going to take off the running boards for Mustang Week and hopefully take some scenery pictures soon too.

20150629_194635_20150713150951681.jpg
before

20150712_185500.jpg
After

20150712_185406.jpg

20150712_185513.jpg

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
That looks sooooo much better. Is the wheel painting process just like the vehicle painting process?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Having done plasti dip my 22" Ram rims I'd agree with just painting them. Plasti dipping is a pain in the butt but nice that its removable . Looks good OP.

atxjustice6r

Established Member
I really like a lowered truck on stock wheels(if they aren't hideous) with some meat on the tire. The theme you have going on looks really nice after the gloss black wheels. Gotta ditch those running boards, they kill it! You don't even need them in a lowered truck
EDIT: IMO you should ditch that stock exhaust and run a side exit exhaust w/dual slash cut 3" tips right before the rear tires!
:rockon:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nicely done! The black wheels go nice with the black body trim. I love the black wheels/black trim on my own DD. I just think the look is sweet! Good looking truck you have there.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I really like a lowered truck on stock wheels(if they aren't hideous) with some meat on the tire. The theme you have going on looks really nice after the gloss black wheels. Gotta ditch those running boards, they kill it! You don't even need them in a lowered truck
EDIT: IMO you should ditch that stock exhaust and run a side exit exhaust w/dual slash cut 3" tips right before the rear tires!
:rockon:

Thanks man. I would take the running boards off permanently but my wife is short and even lowered it is still a climb for her. I already have plans for the exhaust, more to follow!

Looks real good with that color.

Looks fantastic

Very nicely done! The black wheels go nice with the black body trim. I love the black wheels/black trim on my own DD. I just think the look is sweet! Good looking truck you have there.

Thanks guys!

01FormulaTA

Established Member
Looks great...I would leave the running boards IMO...once you remove them the drop won't look as good, i.e. The running boards create the illusion of a 4/6 instead of a 2/4, also I think you should dump the exhaust at the muffler

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Looks great...I would leave the running boards IMO...once you remove them the drop won't look as good, i.e. The running boards create the illusion of a 4/6 instead of a 2/4, also I think you should dump the exhaust at the muffler

I agree about how the stance will look without the boards but I am good with it. If I can paint them black and figure out how to raise the closer to the body of the truck I will put them back on. My current drop is 3/4.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread