Opening week at my new shop!!

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
So week one at my new shop AKUMA MOTORSPORTS, is coming to a close. There are already signs of great things to come!

A quick background:

Shop owner John Shafer has been tuning sport compacts in the tri-state area for years now. He had a recent stay at COBB tuning where he did all of the writing and mapping for the accessport software on subies, mitsubishi, nissan, toyota, honda, and the GTR. He has an excellent tuning knowledge and is very motivated to bring innovation to the sport compact world.

I have been the fabricator at precision tuning for a few years and along the way I've created a new approach to custom work. Being that I'm also a technician, I am able to fabricate in a way that makes working on the car stay user friendly. (I hate talking about myself).

Melo is and excellent tech, and has amazing people skills. He has a very broad knowledge of the sport compact market and his experience and drive make him a vital part of the shop.

John's wife Lauren is the brain's behind the business and it doesn't hurt that she can drive like a maniac!!

Together we're very excited about the opening and are looking forward to producing some great things. Though our focus is imports, I hope to see some of you guys come by. Whether you need work done, or just want to come hang out, I always enjoy seeing a stang!

Check some pics out:
DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

Last edited:

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
congrats on opening your shop bro, that has always been something i want to do in life.

also, nice shop name! :D

Last edited:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Hey......that place looks familiar......The old IDA Performance place on Texas Road & Route 9..

My old stomping grounds while we were living in New Jersey...

Good Luck with your shop.....

Lucky you are close to Raceway Park as well.

BigMattfromNJ

Established Member
Hey......that place looks familiar......The old IDA Performance place on Texas Road & Route 9..

My old stomping grounds while we were living in New Jersey...

Good Luck with your shop.....

Lucky you are close to Raceway Park as well.

Ida is still on texas road just the other side. If this is ida's old building my dad may have built it. i know he built ida a building years ago just don't remember where.

Users who are viewing this thread