Opening Order Banks

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I haven't read this anywhere on here so I figured I would share.

The order banks for the 2015 Mustang are scheduled to open on May 20th.

Also, pertaining to the 50th Anniversary car. Everyone has heard there will only be 1,964 units produced. The 50th cars will have two options and everything else will be standard; you can choose Kona Blue or Wimbledon White, and either automatic or manual transmission. The allocations for each unit will be determined by one of two methods: The top 500 dealers in Mustang sales will be guaranteed 1 allocation, and then the highest Mustang sales dealers will receive an additional allocation. The second way is through lottery, each dealer will receive a 'chip' for every retail Mustang sale from April of last year through May of this year; in the lottery each dealer will be limited to only 1 unit. The 50th cars will begin production simultaneously with the other 2015's.

Maybe Ford will release specs on them before the banks open.... I have 5 customers on a waiting list already.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the info!

Didn't Ford do the lottery thing with the Ford GT as well?

Yeah, they've done it on a few vehicles throughout the years. The most recent were the 2005/06 FGT and the 2008/09 GT500KR's.

Interesting story about the KR lottery.... My dad and I's dealership is more of a small to medium size dealership in Ford's eyes, so it makes it more difficult to get specialty vehicles sometimes. Well in 2008 we won an allocation for a KR so we ordered a Blue/Silver one. Two weeks after we ordered my dad and I were out in Vegas at a Ford dealer convention and when you walked in to the banquet hall they handed you a poker chip with a KR on the front of it. At the end of the meeting they drew one number to give away a 2009 KR allocation, just so happened they pulled my dad's.

Our first KR went to a local owner of a Mexican restaurant, he's put over 50,000 miles on it...the second went to an old farmer who has it sitting on blocks in his barn with less than 10 miles.

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
I hope we get some specs soon because I love the look and I think my '12s days are numbered.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Talked to my local ford dealer that I've bought my last few cars from. They didn't have any new information. They are taking 500 dollars down to order, which would be applied to the final sale. He didn't have any new information on the car it self and said he would call me as soon as he knows or hears anything. He said his best guess on when the car would actually arrived would end of September.

Lemers

Established Member
Anyone who bought a 2010 mustang without knowing the power upgrade was coming in 2011 didn't research the car. As far back as 2009 googling "2010 mustang" return multiple articles talking about the change.

So the point is the only power upgrades that are being talked about are the ones coming with the 2015 and those are just guesses. If there is not boost in HP on the 2015 then I'll expect it within a year or two. But as long as Ford is using the coyote only expect minimal increases every couple years.

2panther

Established Member
back in 2011 I needed a vehicle and have always wanted a Mustang. My wifes step sisters father owns a Ford Dealership and we were able to work out a deal and I ordered a 2012, due to the tsunami in japan my order was delayed too long and I couldn't wait or carpool anymore so I had to cancel my order. I've been driving a leased Grand Cherokee since and it's coming to the end in September.

I'm working with his dealership again in hopes of getting an order in for a 2015 base GT in ingot silver with black interior and 6spd manual. He is supposedly calling their Ford rep to find out when they can place orders. I'm loving the look of the 2015 and ALMOST picked up a 2014 but I think I would be kicking myself regardless of the price savings. I had been considering a 2015 WRX instead but I always keep putting it off and the only way I'm going to get one is to just do it. It will be my daily driver all year long, even in the snow. :-D

Hope the timing works out!

2panther

Established Member
Dealership called me back, they said by the end of this month, or beginning of June they will be able to spec and place orders. That should put initial orders getting their Mustangs in the beginning of September.

rrg9946

Established Member
Dealership called me back, they said by the end of this month, or beginning of June they will be able to spec and place orders. That should put initial orders getting their Mustangs in the beginning of September.

Order banks should be opening tomorrow. So the dealership calling you and telling later in the month or early June, doesn't add up.

2panther

Established Member
I did see that in the opening post, I just didn't see a link to anything that validated the date. Do you?

I could say the banks open in 10 minutes, where the the fact to back it up?

Last edited:

BMR Tech

I did see that in the opening post, I just didn't see a link to anything that validated the date. Do you?

I could say the banks open in 10 minutes, where the the fact to back it up?

The OP also stated that he owns a dealership.

The being said, you and the dealer you are working with, could be correct.

I was simply answering the question "where did you see that info".....well, it came from the OP who owns a dealership, as stated in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread