CIMG2710.jpg

CIMG2711.jpg

CIMG2712.jpg

CIMG2713.jpg

CIMG2714.jpg

Can't wait to put them on!!:banana:

JasonSnake

Established Member
I mean really..did you have to show us those pics? Now I am so jealous that this is the first and last time I'll ever talk to you...

Those things are a nice piece of work

Nazman

Established Member
Cant wait for mine! They should be here in a few!

1 3/4P 3C, 3 X-Mid-pipe. Im going to get them ceramic coated black.

Naz

coolguy10786

Established Member
I mean really..did you have to show us those pics? Now I am so jealous that this is the first and last time I'll ever talk to you...

Those things are a nice piece of work

LOL!

I'm VERY pleased by the quality of the headers; everything about them is top notch:rockon: Very great guys to work with too!

Before these i had bassani mids that i recently swapped out for a set of SHM stepped headers, but they have had alot of problems. The biggest being that the leak horribly! Ground clearance sucks as well, but i can't stand having a car that sounds like an old chevy.

The american racing headers have been out for a little while now, but are designed for 99-04 cobras. Only difference being no SAI ports(which i deleted), and little different egr location i think.

I was going to put them on today, but i hate doing it until i get the x pipe. Nick @ American Racing is not sure if it will fit the 96-98 cobras, so if it doesn't i will have a local shop, or preferably them make me a custom set.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Cost for the headers were about 850ish.

Anthony; John hasn't finished tuning it yet. I was originally going to take it to him back in late march, but right before that i put on the shm headers that are leaking horribly, so i decided it would be a waste.

What i will do is put these ones on, get a mail order from Lasota, just because it won't be until summer i make it to see john again, and i hope to take the car to renegade in two weeks!

When you be back in the states?

coolguy10786

Established Member
Me too! Excellent customer service and top quality product! By the looks of them, they should fit great and have pretty good ground clearance. The only thing i don't like is on the passenger side header, the no. 1 cylinder primary goes above the rest and will get pretty close to the ac lines.

My lovely SHM headers already broke one of the lines, which i knew would happen, but when you do headers at 2am because you started at 530pm and use the shop you work in, have to be done and out by opening, have to try and patch weld rusted spots, and then finish installing the passanger side to see that the ac line will rub, you tend not to give a crap.

Sorry still a little bitter about the last set. Can't wait for these to go on!!! NO MORE LEAKS!!!!

SpittingCobra

Established Member
but when you do headers at 2am because you started at 530pm and use the shop you work in, have to be done and out by opening...you tend not to give a crap.

Sorry still a little bitter about the last set.

:lol: !! You just told my "header story"! All same, only difference was my buddies started w/o me cuz I still had work. And they didn't say crap about my dipstick tube till it was 3am and everything was in!?! Needless to say I have a new dipstick tube and the other was trashed trying to "wing it at 3am." Oh and all for some beat to hell BBK headers and bassani x-pipe, that I got for $200 from a member here, that look like mad max garbage pipes under there.

Last edited:

coolguy10786

Established Member
:lol: !! You just told my "header story"! All same, only difference was my buddies started w/o me cuz I still had work. And they didn't say crap about my dipstick tube till it was 3am and everything was in!?! Needless to say I have a new dipstick tube and the other was trashed trying to "wing it at 3am." Oh and all for some beat to hell BBK headers and bassani x-pipe, that I got for $200 from a member here, that look like mad max garbage pipes under there.

lol nice! Good to see im not the only one who made that mistake!

Users who are viewing this thread