Only getting 10 psi with VMP 2.5 pulley and 90mm idler...any ideas why?

Van@RevanRacing

Stock "boost" is inferred via feedback from the maf. If your maf curve has been shifted (and it will if you change cai) your "boost" will not read the same as with the stock curve. Makes no difference who tunes it, and it has nothing to do with the calibration being done correctly.

Are you sure? Are you using an internet Jedi mind trick on us all?

Hmmm...will definitely visit the VMP mobile dyno at MIR...

Good idea.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Brilliant mind he has.

Seems we are not the only ones "inferring" there is more than one way to "tune" All puns intended and Trade Mark pending. And yes, even Ford Engineers and Calibrators will alter a MAF Transfer Function. Find one and ask them.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Jedi Mind Meld. Get it right, baby!

No kidding, brother, how many time has THIS ship sailed. Some folks just need a hobby.

Seems to me as though the very best in the aftermarket are in complete sync with one of the very best of the OEM calibrators. Chicken or the egg. At the end of the day, when it's done correctly, the same result occurs.

Be well, Brotha Collier. ;-)

bj

Are you sure? Are you using an internet Jedi mind trick on us all?

Good idea.

Seems we are not the only ones "inferring" there is more than one way to "tune" All puns intended and Trade Mark pending. And yes, even Ford Engineers and Calibrators will alter a MAF Transfer Function. Find one and ask them.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Some good reading in this thread.

Last edited:

snowball6405

Established Member
Yes there are two ways to go about the tuning. But if boost gauge is way off so is tune prbly. 10 psi. Maybe its fine. Id still double check If ur showing 7 or 8. Its prbly in tune

Last edited:

1st usa car

Established Member
stock 2011 my boost read 9.5 lbs of boost -- swear it touched 10 for a split second --- 2.5pulley w/ ORH-pipe Lund tune and it reads 14.5lbs --- guess, my gauge is reading a little high

Users who are viewing this thread