only 5 living WW1 Vets still alive

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
my great uncle served onboard the USS Dewey DD 349 during WW2 is still working and driving loaded Log Trucks every day.. the only thing he can't do anymore is throw the binders (heavy chains) over the logs, but the rest, not a problem.. I know he's in his 80's and still chain smokes as well.

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
Yeah, When I saw the pictures of the jap getting ran sacked by 3 G.I.'s
Bad day for him.

My grandpa told me he couldn't take it anymore and blew his brains through his skull..

Very awkward.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Bad day for him.

My grandpa told me he couldn't take it anymore and blew his brains through his skull..

Very awkward.

Seriously man. Just stop.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Bad day for him.

Very awkward.

Dude, wtf is wrong with you. Just don't.

nezander

Established Member
Seriously man. Just stop.

No. Don't stop. There's a reason that generation was as great as it was. It was because they went over there to WIN. It wasn't pretty, and they didn't enjoy it, but they did it anyway, because it had to be done. They did WHATEVER had to be done. Subsequent generations have pussy-footed around every confrontation we've had since. Hence, our win-loss record has been s*** since then.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
No. Don't stop. There's a reason that generation was as great as it was. It was because they went over there to WIN. It wasn't pretty, and they didn't enjoy it, but they did it anyway, because it had to be done. They did WHATEVER had to be done. Subsequent generations have pussy-footed around every confrontation we've had since. Hence, our win-loss record has been s*** since then.

:bored: Do you even get what post he was saying no to? What you said has nothing to do with the post he was referring to. Try again.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

What are trying to say here? That I'm not as good a soldier as our grandfathers were because I'm not as "ruthless" as they were?

Its the political system that has changed the way we operate. Do you think Congress today would allow the airborn drop on Germany, the D day at Normandy with the predicted casualties we were going to sustain? Not trying to take anything away from our WW1 OR WWII vets, but when people say we are not as good now as we were back then it really offends me.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
What are trying to say here? That I'm not as good a soldier as our grandfathers were because I'm not as "ruthless" as they were?

Its the political system that has changed the way we operate. Do you think Congress today would allow the airborn drop on Germany, the D day at Normandy with the predicted casualties we were going to sustain? Not trying to take anything away from our WW1 OR WWII vets, but when people say we are not as good now as we were back then it really offends me.

I think the men & women of today are just as good as those back then. War was different back then. Ever since Viet Nam strategies have changed & basically the soldiers of today have a disadvantage compared with the soldiers then.

Sound credible?

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member

His post was infested with ignorance. Don't worry about it.

99navert

Established Member
I'll have to agree with FLYIN on this... Just look at the "Wanting to join the Air Force" thread for more insight, I believe Bloostd has a habit of stretching(to say the least) stories.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I think the men & women of today are just as good as those back then. War was different back then. Ever since Viet Nam strategies have changed & basically the soldiers of today have a disadvantage compared with the soldiers then.

Sound credible?

Agree 100%.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I'll have to agree with FLYIN on this... Just look at the "Wanting to join the Air Force" thread for more insight, I believe Bloostd has a habit of stretching(to say the least) stories.

+1. Many inconsistencies in his "stories" and a lot of glory hunting. Ive never meet or heard anyone in the special operations community like that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread