online IQ tests, are these things legit ?

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
So the wife and I got bored and did one of these to compare scores the other night as we were arguing about who was more cranially challenged. I got a 129 which I was pretty proud of but then she broke off with a 134 for herself. Now she won't shut up about being smarter than me. Anybody try these ? Post up your actual score if you dare. My mother in law got a 75 which makes sense cuz she's a mental midget... The one we did was like the 1st one that popped up. 20 questions. Think the score was out of 160.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
Real IQ tests take a couple hours at least and go by a median score.the online ones are just games for fun I got a 146 on one guess I'm a genius...yeah right.

hb712

Established Member
No. I've scored anywhere from <100 - 170+ on those tests. Many of them are based on the time it takes you to complete them. I've actually taken real IQ tests and those online tests are nothing like the real thing. Further, some of those tests will score you at ranges which are very difficult to actually measure given the way IQ is scored (the higher the score, the more difficult to measure accurately).

FIVEHOE

Established Member
lol this post made me think of all the people who take those bullshit IQ tests on facebook and all miraculously end up scoring in the "genius" category... funny how that works...

hb712

Established Member
I just took one and scored 169. I didn't read a single question and just clicked a response as soon as one was available. I is a jeanyus.

tumblr_nkq0oharnl1t8n5cbo1_540.png

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I just took one and scored 169. I didn't read a single question and just clicked a response as soon as one was available. I is a jeanyus.

tumblr_nkq0oharnl1t8n5cbo1_540.png

damn, you're so ****ing smart you knew the right answer before you even read it.

that's pretty much what a few people I know on facebook did lol, I felt like I was losing brain cells just reading their comments about "how smart they all are"

VegasMichael

Established Member
They are BS tests. If you're curious about a challenging IQ exam go to the mensa website and take one of theirs. It's not so much whether you can answer the questions, it's how FAST you can answer them.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm doubting the accuracy of these. My ex (girl in my avatar) was tested by the University of Washington along with her brother and was scored at 160 while he was 180. At that level I don't think these simple tests could accurately capture their intelligence level which to me makes the whole thing innacurate. There has to be a standardized test.

...and hell yes, I'm bragging! That's SVTP fashion.

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I'm doubting the accuracy of these. My ex (girl in my avatar) was tested by the University of Washington along with her brother and was scored at 160 while he was 180. At that level I don't think these simple tests could accurately capture their intelligence level which to me makes the whole thing innacurate. There has to be a standardized test.

...and hell yes, I'm bragging! That's SVTP fashion.

nudes or gtfo

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
They're BS. If I was as smart as those tests say, I would be ruling the world. As others have said, real IQ tests take a while, they're proctored, and you usually have to pay some one. And you don't get spammed with offers about Asian MILF's that are dying to meet you. The legit IQ tests are remarkably deficient in hooking you up with anyone after the fact.

GodStang

Established Member
I have taken a real one and have taken those fake ones. The fake ones were 20-30 points higher than the real one.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
They are BS tests. If you're curious about a challenging IQ exam go to the mensa website and take one of theirs. It's not so much whether you can answer the questions, it's how FAST you can answer them.

I was gonna recommend this one, but, I always managed to score in the "Congrats you're high enough to pay us for the real test!" range...

They're BS. If I was as smart as those tests say, I would be ruling the world. As others have said, real IQ tests take a while, they're proctored, and you usually have to pay some one. And you don't get spammed with offers about Asian MILF's that are dying to meet you. The legit IQ tests are remarkably deficient in hooking you up with anyone after the fact.

:lol::lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread