Online Banks

Mackey

Established Member
Does anyone have any experiences with online banks? I'm specifically looking for a savings account in this situation.

I've been looking at different financial institutions that offer online services and a higher yield for savings (0.5-1%+)

Does anyone have any experiences, positive or negative, with banks such as:

Capital One 360
Barclays (New this year)

-Steve

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I use Capital One 360...

I stuff some money there because of the interest and thus far, they seem to offer the best features vs rates. I also have a checking account with debit card through them in case I want to quickly move money from savings to checking and spend it.

But for my normal banking needs, everyday checking,emergency savings, loans, mortgage, etc iI wwouldn't recommend it, because I find a certain value in having a local branch I can walk into, staff that know me as more than s number, are able to be flexible because of that, and that I can easily discuss stuff with.

I also have a savings account at SmartyPig for my daughter. Its only savings, but its like an online piggy bank for her. And once she reaches a goal she can withdraw her savings there to various retailer gift cards for additional cash. So if a you withdraw $100 to a retailer gift card to a store that offers an extra 4%, you can an extra $4 on the store gift card, which is really quite a bit in comparison to most savings especially for a little girl.

Posted via Topify using Android

Users who are viewing this thread