One Take 330whp Fiest ST

Never_Enough

Established Member
So what's the full mod list? That wheelwell.com link is painful to look at.
Still wrong wheel drive. I just cannot get excited about tq steer.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
So what's the full mod list? That wheelwell.com link is painful to look at.
Still wrong wheel drive. I just cannot get excited about tq steer.

The funny thing is if you watch that video they actually tackle the tq steer issue. As my power went up the tq steer didnt get much worse. The real problem with the tq steer is at the bolton lvl when you are making 285whp and freaking 375wtq. I make the same tq now as i did with boltons but my hp is slightly higher in the rev range. The stock k03 spools nearly instantly. The car stock honestly feels like a 4v Mach1. Also the issue with front wheel drive did worry me when i first got the car, as my last few cars have allbeen mustangs, but as i drove the car I have come to really appreciate just how dialed in it is. The car in turns plants the power down extremely well coming outof corners. The only real traction issues are launching from a dead stop.

Last edited:

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Shit my Focus ST is stock and couldn't imagine more tq steer

Im telling you its the worse stock, its hard to explain. When i was full bolton with an e30 tune i spun just enough down low to where it was hardly noticeable. I mean its noticeable with 400whp but its nothing like a mazdaspeed 3 is. Those things tq steer like a mofo

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
A rear motor mount will mitigate a lot of the torque steer the FoSTs have. There will still be some but it's more manageable and I honestly find it fun. Makes the car feel wild in a good way.

ib6-ub9

Established Member

71catruck

Established Member
I mean its noticeable with 400whp but its nothing like a mazdaspeed 3 is. Those things tq steer like a mofo

My ex has a mazdaspeed3 so I have a lot of seat time in it. I'm amazed at how planted it is in the corners and the Fort and FiST are supposedly a lot better.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I love my FiST. Perfect for DD, track days and auto-x. Canyon carving is amazing and the chassis feels planted at almost any speed. Torque steer is non-existent in stock or even mildly modified cars.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
I like the FiST even more than the FoST from the fun to drive aspect, and it's cheaper.

I love the FiST too. Couple things for me though were personal preferences. One as far as power, the FiST just doesnt have enough as fun as it is. I would have to have gone big turbo the moment I got it and I just didn't have the funds for that. The other is space, the FoST has quite a bit more room and for my business I needed a little bit more space to haul stuff around. Also I felt the FoST just looked better to me personally, but that is subjective.

No doubt though the FiST is quite the bargain. Hell they both are.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
I love my FiST. Perfect for DD, track days and auto-x. Canyon carving is amazing and the chassis feels planted at almost any speed. Torque steer is non-existent in stock or even mildly modified cars.

When you going big turbo :D You know you want to... :D :D

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I loved mine but the mod bug was hard to keep down. I ended up getting rid of mine to make room for another Cobra which I regret and now I'm selling the 2nd Cobra.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
When you going big turbo :D You know you want to... :D :D

It's incredibly tempting. For $1800 would put me over 300whp. Choices....choices.....choices.

But really though. I'd need another vehicle. Especially one for winter time. Was looking for a new truck but kind of stalled in my search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread