One piece Driveshaft options?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Streetpwr281 said:
TTT - I've got the same question. I hear BMR has a one-piece Carbon Fiber unit for ~ $1099. Is that the best recommended piece?

Ryan

i saw a group buy on stangs unleashed extended until the 15th for like $599

ingram4868

Established Member
I would recommend talking with the guys at Evolution Performance (also a site sponsor). They've got one of the fastest Shelby's and they know what works for your HP goals.

jcthorne

Established Member
The one in the group buy is from MCP and there is a big question mark over thier shaft at the moment. At least one they have sold has failed and caused significant damage to a GT500. Until they come clean and figure out why and fix the damage they have caused, I'd suggest staying away from MCP's driveshaft.

R1Lello

Established Member
ingram4868 said:
I would recommend talking with the guys at Evolution Performance (also a site sponsor). They've got one of the fastest Shelby's and they know what works for your HP goals.

Agree, I bought the DynoTech 3.5 alum with steel adaptor directly from DynoTech and these are the guys that make them for Evolution Perf. They run 9.80's so good enough for me. Nice piece and so far so good, zero vibrations or issues. Some have cheaper $$ on the market but I'm only reading problems from OTHER companies, zero from DynoTech so far.........get what you pay for ????

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Do you have the same as Tim's? If so how do you like it and how come you had to pay more lol

LOL it's the same, I had help from a friend. it's a very nice piece.
I had a Dynotech DS on my 01 Cobra.

chuckstang

Established Member
Tim is it for sale, just curious although Im not immediately in the market for one just yet but very soon.

Is it just a simple bolt on or?
thx

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Chuck all my stuff will be for sale if I don't find a Car.
Her's what I have:
JLT CAI, Dynotech 1 Piece Aluminum Drive Shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, Steeda Bump Steer Kit, Steeda X5 Ball Joints, Tokico D Spec Struts & Shocks, Corsa Axle Back Exhaust, Metco 2.6” Pulley & Idler, BMR Suspension Parts: Billet Lower Control Arms, Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets, Adjustable Upper Control Arm, Upper Control Arm Mount, Tubular Adjustable Panhard Rod, Upper Panhard Rod Support, Pro-Sport Lowering Springs, Upper Strut Mounts, Drive Shaft Loop, Camber Bolts and a Cali car cover.

chuckstang

Established Member
Is anyone worried about the lack of safety going to a one piece?

Apparently it can come up through the floor and kill you in an accident rather than break like the stock 2 peice

Users who are viewing this thread