One piece aluminium drive shaft

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
Where is the best place to get a one peice drive shaft from? I was looking at the one's on Powerhouse Automotive's site and a they cost 699 or 734 w/loop. That seems a little steep, but mabye not:shrug: Anyone know of a better priced peice out there or is this what it costs:idea: ? Need to get one in before the track this weekend:bash: , Help!

R1Lello

Established Member
11ride4life said:
Where is the best place to get a one peice drive shaft from? I was looking at the one's on Powerhouse Automotive's site and a they cost 699 or 734 w/loop. That seems a little steep, but mabye not:shrug: Anyone know of a better priced peice out there or is this what it costs:idea: ? Need to get one in before the track this weekend:bash: , Help!

Not bad...........Powerhouse411 was $800.............JPC also sells them $699 I believe also. Price will drop as others start carrying them.

1time

Established Member
Didnt yall pay over sticker for your cars, so why do you care what a drive shaft cost ???

actfastus

Established Member
Anyone install a one piece or DSS aluminum and experience strange noises...like and old truck.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I have a DSS one piece and no problems at all. Been on for like 5 years. They had a problem with the CV joint initially but have fixed that from what I hear.

Last edited:

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone install a one piece or DSS aluminum and experience strange noises...like and old truck.

Check your pinion angle... -2 to -3 degrees is a good starting point for OEM rubber or aftermarket poly rear suspension bushings. The DSS CV joint issue was around 2010 timeframe. I shredded mine... it was either defective or my initial pinion angle setting was a little too far off. DSS took care of me and replaced it for free. No problems since! My differential has always been clunky.

Users who are viewing this thread