One owner, <15k miles, zero accidents, minimal mods ... how many are left in SB?

JMann2380

Established Member
So I've decided no matter what I'm gonna try to wait for this car. It's the one I really want and have always wanted and I'm in no rush. I'm curious out of the 1029 with graphite inserts, how many do you think are out there that meet my criteria? I know of one, but the owner doesn't want to sell right now.:coolman:

-Josh

Noreast

Established Member
They're deff out there but why are you so set on a one owner car? . Just need to do what you said and that's wait. Can't rush when you're looking for the right car ! I waited and waited and poof a 11k mile co popped up 5 hours from my house and now it's mine lol take your time you will find it.

JMann2380

Established Member
They're deff out there but why are you so set on a one owner car? . Just need to do what you said and that's wait. Can't rush when you're looking for the right car ! I waited and waited and poof a 11k mile co popped up 5 hours from my house and now it's mine lol take your time you will find it.

Just what I'd prefer. For this car, I'd love knowing the full history. Guess it's the closest thing I can get to me buying one new back when I was 23!

What did you pay for your CO? What's funny is I see wayyyyy more low mileage CO's for sale than anything else and there were only what, 200-300 produced?

svtrookie

Established Member
It's hard to say. I have a 34k mile SB coupe that is in great shape, minor mods etc. Most of the ones I have seen in person are usually rough. Finding a low mile clean SB is tough, but I am sure they are out there.

cj428mach

Established Member
I know where a sb 2 owner is that meets that criteria. I bought my ow that met those standards and there are less ow than sb.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
you are describing exactly what I bought in 2012. but the difference in my case is that i wasn't searching for that particular car, it was just that a buddy happened to be selling at the time. sometimes timing is everything and you gotta keep a few options open, jmo. best of luck with your search!

Noreast

Established Member
Just what I'd prefer. For this car, I'd love knowing the full history. Guess it's the closest thing I can get to me buying one new back when I was 23!

What did you pay for your CO? What's funny is I see wayyyyy more low mileage CO's for sale than anything else and there were only what, 200-300 produced?
I paid a pretty penny for it but only because I trusted the seller which played a big part in it . Also the car was exactly what I was looking for. I'm the 4th owner of it but the second owner is local to me so I talked to him about it too and it all checked out so I was comfortable buying it. A lot of low mileage cars have many owners from what I've seen. If you're in no rush you'll find what you're looking for but you need to be fast and make a really strong cash offer ( if possible ) because there are a lot of others looking for the same car you are! Good luck

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
They are out there but the real question is are those owners ever going to sell them. As the years go on these cobras get fewer and fewer and harder to find

terminatd

Established Member
Patience, they will pop up..

I bought my sb vert new, it has 6500 miles now and I was out running it today,, that thing still has the original battery,,, :eek:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I think his screenname is Mark351. Last i knew he was wanting close to 30k for it, one those not really wanting to sell it but anything is for sale for the right price.
this is Very true. I tell people all the time that my Mystichrome with 6600 miles is for sale ... for 50k "oh but it's not worth that' "didn't say it was worth that .. but that is what it would take to pry it out of my garage. when you don't have to sell you can ask what you want and eventually someone will come along that wants it bad enough. I would probably let mine go for around 35k

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I am the original owner of a 03 S B coupe with 28,000 miles in perfect shape, looks like new.

IMG_4627_zps72ba5681.jpg

IMG_4631_zps2fab4c17.jpg

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Ive seen Curts car^ things is very clean and he is the original owner. Im the third owner of my SB coupe. 28,500 on the clock.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
If you can be very patient you will find what you are looking for. Finding a low mileage car wont be to bad, however, finding a 1 owner car is going to be really hard, but not impossible.

Best of luck!

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member

There has been a price spike on terminators all year and these CO guys are trying to score a big profit while the timing is right. Quite a few mc verts for sale too.

Titan 5.0

Established Member
I just got an 03 SB about a month ago... I had the same attitude as you with the 'being patient'.

One popped up with 12K miles in Pittsburgh. Sent a few emails back and forth, had a few conversations on the phone and decided to fly up there and take a look. Made the deal and drove 22hrs back to TX.

Couldn't be happier.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread