One of the first terminators built?

Chris Smith

Established Member
So I am new to the terminator world and bought my 03 about 6 months ago. Just looked at the build date and it's 05 of 2002. Is that really early? I don't have the dash plaque by the shifter or anything. How do I figure out the build number of my car?

bluey lewis

Kinda Like Guys with Big Junk
Established Member
Keep us posted OP I'm interested to see what the number comes in at. Maybe members can guess until you get the info. My guess based on the earlier post is 201. But this is just a dum luck guess I have no idea how many of those got built per month.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
That makes me curious as mine has a build date 5/13/2003 which would be very late in 03 production.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I just looked at Terminator-Cobra.com, he has production number info and the chart says job 1,the first run of cobras started 5/28/02. You must have a very low production #. I'm guessing your #59

Last edited:

TxCobra76

Established Member
Mine was built in 4/24/03 and it's number 6894. Just for reference gasyone

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
1-800-FORD-SVT. You could also order a build certificate with your cars info on it. You with need your vin number either way.

Build certificate.
http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_...72204&store_id=1&dept_id=1143&product_id=6913

Thanks for posting this info Paul. I just ordered build certificates for both of my Cobras. The Vert is under the car cover, but the coupe is in the garage. I just checked the build date on the door jam and it says 06/02. So, I'm interested in my build number now lol.

Learn something new everyday just by browsing this site......

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for posting this info Paul. I just ordered build certificates for both of my Cobras. The Vert is under the car cover, but the coupe is in the garage. I just checked the build date on the door jam and it says 06/02. So, I'm interested in my build number now lol.

Learn something new everyday just by browsing this site......
No problem Glenn.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
So I am new to the terminator world and bought my 03 about 6 months ago. Just looked at the build date and it's 05 of 2002. Is that really early? I don't have the dash plaque by the shifter or anything. How do I figure out the build number of my car?

You can get your exact build date along with a lot of build info by plugging the VIN in to the Ford ETIS site. There are also docs such as the Historical Vehicle Bill of Materials (HVBoM) and others with a ton of data if you are a document freak.

All the details:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/svt_documents.htm

This is also somewhat quoted further up, but it is a good reference:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/Production Numbers.pdf

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
You can get your exact build date along with a lot of build info by plugging the VIN in to the Ford ETIS site.

I just did this (thanks for the info) and got this:

Coupe = June 25, 2002 build date
Vert = July 02, 2003 build date

Looks like my cars were built a year apart. I still have not received my certificates so I do not have my build numbers yet. Based on my coupe's info I'm thinking it is between 400 and 500. I'm guessing my vert was one of the last 03's built.

I'll post up once I receive my certificates.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
I recently ordered my info from the SVT # and I found out I was #18. The guy I talked to on the phone said it was the earliest that he has ordered the paperwork for.

Users who are viewing this thread