Native

Established Member
See anything wrong with this? lmao

12705344_10154025954042526_666189470074981360_n_zpskrjsbpid.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That entire meme is ****ing retarded.

1) When did Ford ever say they "invented" the first turbo v6?

2) The TT-TA's were DOGSHIT. Sorry, but these things would have trouble keeping a stock 1990 GSX at bay, were highly unreliable, and their engine bays were a cluster**** of vac hoses and electrical shenanigans.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
if you want to get into a pissing match with him, there were only like 1500 of those made. They reportedly make around 220-230 hp to wheels from what i see stock and run 13.5 stock. Did not other mustang run that until 2011? Some other facts, the Mustang doesn't have a turbo v6 and Pontiac doesn't even exist anymore.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^This....you should unfriend him for being a complete moron. That meme is so far off the mark its not even funny.

EDIT: he is also comparing a very limited production car to the GT. Probably because it wouldn't stack up favorably against any SVT from 93 on (stock for stock) :D

FWIW 3V 4.6 GTs were capable of mid-13s in stock form

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
First, the engine in the 89 Turbo TA is basically a GN engine. It's not a traditional Pontiac. In the early 80's Pontiac did have the turbo 301...it was shit. And that comes from SVTP's resident Pontiac enthusiast.

Now, had Pontiac continued with the engine and developed it, it could be been great, but this was in a time when the GM subsidiaries were being forced under more corporate control and the beginnings of the corporate engine programs that ultimately created the LS engines.

Traditional Pontiac engines love turbocharging. The heads work well in that type of environment and the ridiculous stroke gives you the ability to run over-sized turbochargers and spool them quickly. You get the benefit of low-end grunt along with the top-end performance associated with running a larger turbo.

Kiohtee

Established Member
^^^This....you should unfriend him for being a complete moron. That meme is so far off the mark its not even funny.

EDIT: he is also comparing a very limited production car to the GT. Probably because it wouldn't stack up favorably against any SVT from 93 on (stock for stock) :D

FWIW 3V 4.6 GTs were capable of mid-13s in stock form

As did Mach 1s, which aren't considered SVT products regardless of their powerplants.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
I have RL GM friends on facebook who post those retarded memes from time to time. I just ignore them and move on.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
is it me, or are memes getting longer and longer... I thought the funny was supposed to be short and sweet. 10 words or less

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Those are cool ass cars. I wouldn't mind one. They basically had the buick 109 engine from the grand national but a couple of differences like heads, intercooler from a gnx.
Stock was prob mid 13s but a chip would put it in 12s.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think you could pay me to drive that thing. It screams mullet, incest and guns n roses

Users who are viewing this thread