One last ride in my 99 GT 3v swapped road course car...

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
So a few weeks ago I took the 99 GT out for what would be my last track day with it seeing that I am pretty much giving it away to a good friend of mine. This car was fun for what it was 340 whp, 145 mph in T1 and holding 140mph thru T2 with no aero was definitely a high point and sketchy but also alot of fun. It could do full 20-25 min sessions without skipping a beat. Definitely gonna miss it but I have 3 other cars to focus on and I said to myself that the next mustang I would buy for track would be an S550 down the road. So this is the first step into that direction...
This was at ACS on the Roval, it was 102* that day. Couldn't get any better than a 1:58.xx which I was doing consistently but the tires were getting greasy, still had a blast though, my friend who is purchasing it is taking it back east to NC I believe, so you guys on the east coast will probably see it out there at the tracks on that end.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
I was hoping to see a video, Eddie. :( Does look like you had a lot of fun that day.
I need to get a new Gopro or a smarty cam, just dont wanna fork the money out for that right now since im trying to finish up the other 3 cars i have.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Nice to see people driving their cars properly :)
Every car i own i drive the shit out of lol but i also do all the proper maintenance and repairs if needed. So yes i abuse my cars but they always have the freshest oil etc. I take my car maintenance seriously.

SVECobraR

Established Member
What kind of power are you making and what gearing to hold that type of speed through turns 1 and 2. My 99' cobra has a 3650 and 330whp with 3.90's and I'm stuck around 125mph in 4th gear.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
What kind of power are you making and what gearing to hold that type of speed through turns 1 and 2. My 99' cobra has a 3650 and 330whp with 3.90's and I'm stuck around 125mph in 4th gear.
350 whp with 3.27 with a tr3650. Im about 143 ish mph at 6300 rpms in 4th

Last edited:

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Good to see you driving your car and having a blast. Do you have a video you could post?

Here is a short one of me in my Terminator from this May at Willow Springs.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Good to see you driving your car and having a blast. Do you have a video you could post?

Here is a short one of me in my Terminator from this May at Willow Springs.

Thanks. I dont have any video, ive been looking into investing into a new go pro or an aim smarty cam in the future. What blower setup you running? what kinda times you putting down.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Stock eaton blower with a pulley, 472 rwhp. I also have a much larger heat exchanger.

My best time at Willow was a 1:34.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Stock eaton blower with a pulley, 472 rwhp. I also have a much larger heat exchanger.

My best time at Willow was a 1:34.
How is that thing doing with heat soak? Are you doing full sessions or just a few laps and off? I was doing full sessions with my 2.3 whipple setup but it ended up killinf the bearings in the rotor pack. So now i try to focus on 1-2 hot laps then im off.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks. I dont have any video, ive been looking into investing into a new go pro or an aim smarty cam in the future. What blower setup you running? what kinda times you putting down.

If you're going to road race it...PLEASE look into a Garmin Catalyst. You'll love it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow this actually looks really good. You have personal experience with the garmin?

Yes, I love it. If you have any questions about it once you get it, I'd be more than happy to answer. Their HQ is about 45 minutes from my house. I'm really good friends with 4 of the developers on the project. It is phenomenal...and they're not done. They have several add-ons in the works that will make it EVEN better.

I can't stress enough how amazing it is to be able to pull in the paddock, pull the Catalyst off, and go through the whole session data/video immediately.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
How is that thing doing with heat soak? Are you doing full sessions or just a few laps and off? I was doing full sessions with my 2.3 whipple setup but it ended up killinf the bearings in the rotor pack. So now i try to focus on 1-2 hot laps then im off.
Heat soak doesn't seem to be a issue as I use a vented hood that I built and the larger Gords intercooler heat exchanger. I run complete sessions with no issues.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Yes, I love it. If you have any questions about it once you get it, I'd be more than happy to answer. Their HQ is about 45 minutes from my house. I'm really good friends with 4 of the developers on the project. It is phenomenal...and they're not done. They have several add-ons in the works that will make it EVEN better.

I can't stress enough how amazing it is to be able to pull in the paddock, pull the Catalyst off, and go through the whole session data/video immediately.
That is good to know, definitely gonna go this route when I am ready. Thanks!

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Heat soak doesn't seem to be a issue as I use a vented hood that I built and the larger Gords intercooler heat exchanger. I run complete sessions with no issues.
Interesting. My setup worked great for awhile and i was able to do 20 min sessions as well but my whipple rotor pack bearings and coupler crapped out from the heat eventually. I have a vented hood as well 03 cobra hood with the track spec vents and comp vents. Afco exchanger with 3 fans, J2fab intercooler mod with 1 inch lines, Custom C&R radiator dual pass radiator with dual spal paddle blade fans. As far as car temp the car was great.

Users who are viewing this thread