J_verrett5oh

Established Member
I had a on3 turbo fail on me tonight
instead of rebuilding it I'm just going to go with better turbos
what ones would y'all suggest
car will be making 1100 crank hp and has a th400 behind it

Vert

Established Member
Curious as to what his fails means. If he saw lots of smoke, maybe its getting too much oil and burning off like many others have seen.

syclone50

Established Member
OP I thought I had a "failure" a couple of weeks ago. My drivers side was eating some oil and spitting it out the back. I installed oil restrictor and it fixed the issue

Vert

Established Member
OP I thought I had a "failure" a couple of weeks ago. My drivers side was eating some oil and spitting it out the back. I installed oil restrictor and it fixed the issue

That's what I was thinking, plus his statement of 200 miles on it.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Oil restrictors here too. I'm actually pulling the scavenge pump off today too. Kinda pissed I wasted $300 for a $20 fix. Grrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blu13gt

Established Member
I like this comment, especially for his 4th on this forum LOL TROLL

Actually I wasn't trolling. Might be my fourth post but I have a good bit of experience with turbo systems on other platforms. Now if I'm wrong about where the turbos are manufactured then my mistake. But if they are built in China like I have read in the past then I stand by my statement with saying its a risk to buy a precision part like a turbo that is manufactured there.

No matter what I hate seeing someone spend good money and have a premature failure. No offense intended in my first post.

Last edited:

Offaxis

Boosted MoFo..
Established Member
I have 9,500 miles on my Chinese junk and they have not skipped a beat. I really never see any problems at all with these turbos. I would suggest checking the return line if you are seeing some smoke. Atleast send the turbo in and see what they say. But it's up to you but there are guys making over 1k rwhp on these turbos reliably.

DaBigBone

Established Member
They're not made in China. They're made in the same factory as another big named company.

That being said, I ran their turbos on my old 2V for almost 20k miles and didn't have a single issue

Users who are viewing this thread