On3 TT a/c leak

cb900f

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I'm finally tackling the leaky a/c in the car. The attached picture is the on3 custom hose to the compressor. It doesn't have any type of o-ring or anything. Just metal on metal. I'm positive it's leaking here. Any reason I shouldn't put an o-ring in?

20150522_092125.jpg

JTS_7

Established Member
You for sure need an o-ring.

Make sure you use the green ones made for high pressure. I found some at harbor freight that work, might be able to also go to an AC place and grab some.

I ended up using two smaller ones on the end of that hose since I couldn't find one that for 100% perfect to my liking.

No leaks in my AC.

cb900f

Established Member
You for sure need an o-ring.

Make sure you use the green ones made for high pressure. I found some at harbor freight that work, might be able to also go to an AC place and grab some.

I ended up using two smaller ones on the end of that hose since I couldn't find one that for 100% perfect to my liking.

No leaks in my AC.
You are right. Found 120 assorted sizes at the auto parts store.

Baaaam!

IMG_20150522_WA0006.jpg

WIPLASH1

Established Member
That's a fun o-ring to replace once the kit is fully installed! Unbeknownst to me I cut that o-ring on install so I had to replace it.

Swear much???

phil h

Established Member
Cut mine too, but something told me to look at it before i finished the install. I am glad i changed it when i did.

cb900f

Established Member
That's a fun o-ring to replace once the kit is fully installed! Unbeknownst to me I cut that o-ring on install so I had to replace it.

Swear much???
I actually only had to pull the compressor cover off. Left everything else as is. Wasn't horrible. Had to cut some tools to make it work though. Lol

JTS_7

Established Member
Put me on the list of cut/leaky o-rings :beer: that fitting it a PITA installing when u have big ass hands.

FWIW I replaced mine from the bottom. Removed the switch back pipe off the inter cooler and had plenty of room to get at it.

Gotta have AC in Florida this time of year.

mantis118

Established Member
Can you take a picture of how the line is ran? I have the same kit and am having hell fitting it. No matter how I do it, it hits something hot.

cb900f

Established Member
Can you take a picture of how the line is ran? I have the same kit and am having hell fitting it. No matter how I do it, it hits something hot.
I covered mine with reflective heat tape for extra measure, ran it next to the frame, then over and up to the firewall behind the motor. Everything have about a 1mm-2mm air gap.

JTS_7

Established Member
^ Also ran mine along the frame rail to the firewall with heat tape. I did add zip ties to keep it in place. I have quite a bit of clearance. I will snap some photos tomorrow for you.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Pics of this fix?

Hope to start a friends install next week.... well aware of the fitament issues gallore which is fine. I would just like to find one place where the full install is fully documented.. .which i havent found yet...

cb900f

Established Member
Pics of this fix?

Hope to start a friends install next week.... well aware of the fitament issues gallore which is fine. I would just like to find one place where the full install is fully documented.. .which i havent found yet...

Which fix? The O-Ring? Just put one on the hose that goes to the compressor. (Not the fitting to the compressor) The first one I used ended up popping out and lost the Freon. 2nd one was slightly thicker and is holding good.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Which fix? The O-Ring? Just put one on the hose that goes to the compressor. (Not the fitting to the compressor) The first one I used ended up popping out and lost the Freon. 2nd one was slightly thicker and is holding good.

no... trying to figure out how to run the line.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice thank you. I went back and read the install "guide" lol and realized that the hard line bolts to the firewall and the flex hose/billet fitting goes to the compressor.

Pass side almost complete.

Where are you guys tapping the oil pan and do you have to tap twice? Was hopng I could run both oil returns to one fitting in the pan.

JTS_7

Established Member
Nice thank you. I went back and read the install "guide" lol and realized that the hard line bolts to the firewall and the flex hose/billet fitting goes to the compressor.

Pass side almost complete.

Where are you guys tapping the oil pan and do you have to tap twice? Was hopng I could run both oil returns to one fitting in the pan.

If if you run it to one drain you will likely have a drain issue, causing smoke or ruining seals.

Run two drains. I have mine as follows; one on the front under crank pulley and one on the driver side high up in the middle of pan.

I would weld bungs, I don't know how people sleep at night tapping the pan with it on the car. Not to mention the best seal to avoid leaks would be welding bungs on.

Goodluck.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I might weld on some bungs. But I beleive I'll have to drop the k member to get at the pan correct?

I also don't think there would be a drain issue with these turbos and the small amount if oil they see versus journal bearing turbos if I run one drain.

Prob best not to chance it tho.

Hmmm. Decisions decisions

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread