On3 Performance Twin Turbo install on a 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
Vendors getting in a public pissing contest like this. LOL> I can promise that NEITHER of your companies will see a dime of my mod money.

im interested in this kit somewhat on the fence though..but CPRsm seems to have some info/knowledge on the turbos.. to me info from all angles helps with your decision...

Bud

Established Member
Vendors getting in a public pissing contest like this. LOL> I can promise that NEITHER of your companies will see a dime of my mod money.

I agree, information being offered in a public format is horrible, how dare they! Keep hold of that "mod money"

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

Apparently you can't comprehend what's going on here... I don't think either will miss your $$$.

balboky01

Established Member

I'm happy this is being discussed, atleast all the info will be out in the open...some of us arnt as knowledgeable regarding turbos kits as others and welcome the conversation. If you're worried about pissing contests you sir, are on the wrong site lol.

phils04gt

Established Member
I just want to hear real time information from more than one person. I haven't seen/heard many reviews about the kit. I am interested.

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
I'm happy this is being discussed, atleast all the info will be out in the open...some of us arnt as knowledgeable regarding turbos kits as others and welcome the conversation. If you're worried about pissing contests you sir, are on the wrong site lol.

I just want to hear real time information from more than one person. I haven't seen/heard many reviews about the kit. I am interested.

Very well said!!! Back to my:pop:

MRSUPRA

Established Member
/\I think the problem is that when you have a competing vender, you know they are in this to make money. So if the truth can be stretched, it will. I would like to hear the facts about this kit just as much as anyone else since it's very affordable, but I think some are beating a dead horse. It's obvious to most of us that you are getting imitation turbo parts that has unknown quality because of the low price.

Graboid

Established Member

You've been around for two years. You haven't noticed the high school call outs and pissing contest before? Gotta sift through the BS and pull out the good info:thumbsup:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
You've been around for two years. You haven't noticed the high school call outs and pissing contest before? Gotta sift through the BS and pull out the good info:thumbsup:

I just can't help but think the level of professionalism in here is applied to the parts they produce...

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
CPRsm isn't arguing this discussion for money. I have talked to this guy enough times to know that he is in the game for the right reasons. He is trying to shed light on a company that is trying to pull the wool over our eyes.
When you see a second huge car builder/racer pull in on this thread that isn't in the same market, it should definitely make you raise a brow...
It definitely makes me question On3performance's integrity when he can't answer this question straight up.
Lay the truth out, it is going to be found, one person is going to look like an ass in the end...

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Looks pretty sick when installed. Little don't fit here and there in my opinion on $4,000 kit is not THAT bad when similar products cost about $8000 from other shops/brands.
Now i'm very curious about the durability this kit, how long will everything including turbos hold up!...

I have one in my 97 cobra on 9 lbs and I have got 4000 miles so far lol lets see how long it lasts .

2rbo97svt

Established Member
When i bought mine for 97 cobra "which it was listed as 96-98" it wouldn't fit once I tried installing it and had to do massive mods to the piping to make it fit and still needs work done. Now the turbo isn't bad I guess it sounds sick and spools good . One thing though customer service was a bit crappy and I was missing some piping which I got latter on. Another is that when I told them it wouldn't fit the answer was just O it's just for 99 and up. Just remember this fellows for the price it isn't bad , if you don't want to try the product just go with a expensive kit although they haven't proved to be any better then the one j have in my car. I've had people brag about their expensive shit and yet lost or not been able to prove that theirs is better.

Last edited:

CPRsm

/\I think the problem is that when you have a competing vender, you know they are in this to make money. So if the truth can be stretched, it will.
That's fair enough. Call up a few turbo builders and ask. Not parts salesman. Guys who actually disassemble, build and rebalance turbos in their shop. See if they have similar to say.

I just can't help but think the level of professionalism in here is applied to the parts they produce...
You can compare my parts to anyone on the market. You'll be hard pressed better quality. I can show you half assed things from bigger names than me who are "more proffesional." But they have their vendors come here and lie to you instead. I can be called an asshole but still have pride in my parts. If you don't to buy from me because of it that's OK, too. I get more phone calls and PM's thanking me asking advice than folks upset with me. People are sick of being lied to by companies plain and simple. Myself included. Others know the risks, take it and are happy in the end. That's Ok also.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
prove "His" Turbo's are garbage or remain silent imo

Im sorry but thats the wrong approach and anyone that would buy parts from a vendor that wont answer a question straight should NEVER complain if they have problems as a result of it. If some one is investing thousands of dollars into a product they should know every part in that kit. Every other turbo vendor clearly states the turbos they are using (comp, cpr, jpc, lund, hellion). The fact that he has made 2-3 post and will not specifically say they are magnum turbos means they are chinese knock offs. Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with doing that because it does keep the kit cheap but i can tell you personally that throwing power to them will cause them to fall apart. I experimented back in the day with a knock off gt3076 & it blew to pieces but didnt damage the motor lucky me. Until On3 says what they are they are knock offs as people have proven in the past.

Last edited:

phils04gt

Established Member
I have found a solution. We all chip in 1-500 bucks and we can toss it on my 14 and see how it goes. Haha! Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread