On3 Performance Twin Turbo install on a 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

on3performance

Same assembly line doesn't always mean same quality. That aside, those turbos just don't last. I used them when I first started playing with turbos. Everyone one of them wiped the thrust. And not just on my cars. Other DIYers locally, same problem. Never came apart so no one thought to look. Once mine started to leak we found my thrust was shot checked them all. Every single one was bad.

In your case maybe, in this case, its not the same. ITS THE EXACT SAME PARTS, there is not different parts, castings, etc. Its the same exact turbochargers, same assembly line, same castings, etc.

CPRsm

So would the manufacturer be upset they're private labeling for you and you're trying to pass it off under their name?
Doesn't really matter the name or if they're the EXACT same parts. Those are the same parts we all wore out. Could probably whip up a vid of a thrust measurement if need be. I don't understand the brand switch though. Yoi said the other turbos worked great and you had over 20k miles on yours. If if ain't broke....?

on3performance

My turbos do work great, I dont know what manufacture you used but as you know, there is more than the one factory that manufactures turbochargers. Your sitting here trying to make it sound like you deal with the same people I do and you had failures, thats just wrong. Im not saying I have never had a failure, but a lot of them can be avoided and a ton of user errors. I have seen precision, garrett, etc all fail, it happens

You need to check out one of my turbos if your doing some sort of video, your turbo that you have is irrelevant to this or my turbo. Your comparing apples to oranges and really makes no sense.

As for the 20k mile comment, its maybe 26k miles on my daily driven 2v and it runs like a top to this day.

Im not going to argue this though with you, I have spoken my mind, you added your .02 and Im done. Back to work

CPRsm

You make no sense. There are lots of factories that make turbos. You're trying to ride the coat tails of Lunds kit and say they're the same magnum turbos without actually saying it. The same manufacturer of the old master power turbos. (same turbo I have here.) I'm not making it sound like anything. You said, they are the EXACT same parts. You've also said they're the same turbos as the fastest turbo coyote. So either they're Magnums or they're not. The same parts made at a different plant is NOT the same turbo. Don't lie to people. These are old Garretts that were knocked off. So are these Garrett turbos now? Just made in a different factory?
Turbos do fail. Some at higher much rates than others. Even some of the names you mention fail at a rate so high I don't sell them anymore. Other people will sell anything, and slap a 30 day warranty on it.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
You make no sense. There are lots of factories that make turbos. You're trying to ride the coat tails of Lunds kit and say they're the same magnum turbos without actually saying it. The same manufacturer of the old master power turbos. (same turbo I have here.) I'm not making it sound like anything. You said, they are the EXACT same parts. You've also said they're the same turbos as the fastest turbo coyote. So either they're Magnums or they're not. The same parts made at a different plant is NOT the same turbo. Don't lie to people. These are old Garretts that were knocked off. So are these Garrett turbos now? Just made in a different factory?
Turbos do fail. Some at higher much rates than others. Even some of the names you mention fail at a rate so high I don't sell them anymore. Other people will sell anything, and slap a 30 day warranty on it.

Why does ON3 Kits bother you so much? Just let him do his thing bro!

Deespeed99

Established Member
Why does ON3 Kits bother you so much? Just let him do his thing bro!

I dont think it has anything to do with on3. He doesnt like liars or people who try to manipulate the facts. Im not saying what is or isnt true nor that on3 is lying because i dont know what exactly they are talking about but just like magazine articles some vendors dont like to be as honest and upfront and sometimes that can coat people tons of money who dont know any better.

CPRsm

I dont think it has anything to do with on3. He doesnt like liars or people who try to manipulate the facts.
Spot on. When you've been screwed out of money by vendors as much as I have you would know why. I don't mean a few hundred dollars. I mean THOUSANDS. I got tired of hearing "installer error" or "we've never heard of that before." I could make a 3 page thread today with nothing hut my posts of vendor who will shit on you for a buck. That's why I started making my own stuff. If you want it done right,......
If people would just say this is what it is instead of excuses to line their own pockets it would be one thing. But instead you have vendors who say a turbo kit didn't make power to 6500 because they ran out of fuel. That was a lie and everyone knows it. I was the asshole at the time for pointing it out then also. But still get phone calls often saying "I didn't see that thread" or "If I only knew I wouldn't have bought,..." As always Sof Top it's here for you to take in or ignore. Ignore it and it's no sweat off my back. I still even help people who don't by my stuff. It's nothing personal w the customer. I just can't stand people who take advantage of other peoples lack of knowledge.

Last edited:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Spot on. When you've been screwed out of money by vendors as much as I have you would know why. I don't mean a few hundred dollars. I mean THOUSANDS. I got tired of hearing installer error or "we've never heard of that before." i could make a 3 page thread today with nothing hut my posts of vendor who will shit on you for a buck. That's why I started making my own stuff. If you want it done right,......
If people would just say this is what it is instead of excuses to line their own pockets it would be one thing. But instead you have vendors who say a turbo kit didn't make power to 6500 because they ran out of fuel. That was a lie and everyone knows it. I was the asshole at the time for pointig it out then also. But still get phone calls often saying "I didn't see that thread" or "If I only knew I wouldn't have bought,..." As always Sof Top it's here for you to take in or ignore. Ignore it and it's no sweat off my back. I still even help people who don't by my stuff. It's nothing personal w the customer. I just can't stand people who take advantage off other peoples lack of knowledge.

Understood and not ignored:beer:

on3performance

Not riding any coat tail thats for sure, no need for it. They are the same turbos, prove me wrong, you will not be able to.

But regardless, Ill agree with you if you would like so you would just give it up.

on3performance

Your taking what Im saying and bending it. I dont care what name is cast on it, Im saying the turbo structurally is identical and the same unit besides for the name cast on the front. Weather you interpreted it differently, I dont know but thats what Im saying. If you can prove me wrong, thats great but you will not be able to.

Josh, whats the videos of the races listed under? I didnt know what account to look up and if you didnt want it posted here, shoot me an email. I want to see the racing videos you were talking about

CPRsm

Your taking what Im saying and bending it. I dont care what name is cast on it, Im saying the turbo structurally is identical and the same unit besides for the name cast on the front. Weather you interpreted it differently, I dont know but thats what Im saying. If you can prove me wrong, thats great but you will not be able to.
I don't need to prove you wrong. You ducking the question is plenty for me. I don't care whos name is on it. WHO BUILDS THE TURBO? There are plenty of places to get a 60mm on this frame turbo w a p trim turbine. Your old turbos were the "same" as these also. You must take people for real fools if you expect them to think all turbos built by different companies using the same part design are all the "same."

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Josh, whats the videos of the races listed under? I didnt know what account to look up and if you didnt want it posted here, shoot me an email. I want to see the racing videos you were talking about

the same as .......?

i'm with cpr here, so these are the exact same turbo as....?

it's a pretty simple answer?

stang8psi

Established Member
I asked lund a couple of months ago and he said they were magnums in his kit!

on3performance

Buy a magnum 60mm and tear both that turbo down along with the same 60mm On 3, you tell me the difference. They are 100% the same exact turbo, thats what Im saying.

on3performance

I asked lund a couple of months ago and he said they were magnums in his kit!

This is going all wrong, either Im not making myself clear or its being interpreted wrong, Im not saying he is running the On 3 turbos. Im just saying those turbos are 100% identical and manufactured by the exact same person and exact same castings. I just think its funny people knock the turbos coming in the kit yet dont even question it with the other kits out there.

CPRsm

No what's funny is you trying to imply they are magnums and won't come out and say it. Doesn't matter who runs them, the thrusts are made of butter. The reason everyone is questioning you is the reputation that preceeds you and your parts.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Vendors getting in a public pissing contest like this. LOL> I can promise that NEITHER of your companies will see a dime of my mod money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread