On3 Coyote on the dyno

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Had my '13 on the dyno today- this is SAE corrected at 6000 feet so a hearty 1.24 CF, uncorrected more like 880. Built motor, Fore fuel system, 6R80 with stock clutches and a 4C converter. Base On3 kit with 60mm turbos and a Pro M maf.

[youtube_browser]9fSK8g5NGMw[/youtube_browser]

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Thanks, motor is 11.5:1. E85 and not a lot of timing. I run at Bandimere a lot but have to stay 10.0/135 there due to equipment. Should be able to try for a number somewhere else soon though.

Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I cannot wait to see the "other guys" nutswingers come in here. It seems like On3 is getting better. People forget that start up companies have to start somewhere and it is not usually a smooth start.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I cannot wait to see the "other guys" nutswingers come in here. It seems like On3 is getting better. People forget that start up companies have to start somewhere and it is not usually a smooth start.

lol you're the only one bringing up competitors.

I think I'd say congrats to the builder and tuner. Cool that they used the on3 kit, but its just a piping and turbos that fit the engine bay. Run a shit load of boost through a well built engine and you're bound to make power.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
You'll definitely want to use the uncorrected number when you quote your dyno numbers. No use for correction factor on a turbo car. Very impressive build and power numbers nonetheless!

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I like the way the sound quality went to crap as the turbos spooled up and sang the song of their people. Sounded like some majestic magical special effects awesomeness.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
You'll definitely want to use the uncorrected number when you quote your dyno numbers. No use for correction factor on a turbo car. Very impressive build and power numbers nonetheless!

At 6000 feet elevation there sure is. Try as turbos might, the same turbo just can't make the same power as at sea level. It's just not possible. So that's why it was mentioned.

I like the way the sound quality went to crap as the turbos spooled up and sang the song of their people. Sounded like some majestic magical special effects awesomeness.

The poor mic was just barely hanging on then the BOV pushed it over the edge :D

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
At 6000 feet elevation there sure is. Try as turbos might, the same turbo just can't make the same power as at sea level. It's just not possible. So that's why it was mentioned.
I dynoed in Denver. Made 1120 with the same correction factor, 910 uncorrected. Back home at 1000ft, it made 950 with one more pound of boost. So that crazy correction factor in Colorado is not valid, I'm sorry. I'm not knocking your car any, I'm just telling you its not making that crazy number.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I dynoed in Denver. Made 1120 with the same correction factor, 910 uncorrected. Back home at 1000ft, it made 950 with one more pound of boost. So that crazy correction factor in Colorado is not valid, I'm sorry. I'm not knocking your car any, I'm just telling you its not making that crazy number.

I said in the first post both corrected and uncorrected numbers so not really sure what your issue is.. have a nice day :)

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
good stuff sir... regardless of what your numbers are, I'm sure it pulls hard.

Users who are viewing this thread