On the Dyno with my new HE setup!!!

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
The HE mod is a great success! I messed up my custom tune and ended up running the 'canned Pulley Tune' straight of the Predator. She still made 509RWHP with the 2.700 upper/ idler setup but was alittle lean in the lower rpms.

IT2's was never higher than 110...

a short video clip
th_Heatexchangerdynorun.jpg

MikeW

Established Member
"Cool"

What HE was it? Was there ice in it? Looks like it is workin good for ya :beer:

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
I did not want to spent too much money on a new idea so I picked up a good used rad out of a Buick Century from the wreckers for 75 bucks CDN, cut the headers off and fabbed up new ones to sit in front of the main rad, replacing the A/C condenser. Now I have a full size double pass HE .625 thick sealed with 1inch foam around the outside to keep the heat from the main rad away from the HE... saw this setup on the Grand Am Cup Cobalts last year.

On the Dyno it was 60F outside and did not use any ice. There was 39 cars at the Dyno day plus she was running lean so we made 2 runs only.

This was the 2nd run
SteedaDyno.jpg

and yes I ported my own blower back in 2003...;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're making some nice numbers! 510/503 on a Mustang Dyno. What is your upper/lower combo?

ViciousJay

Established Member
Venom525 im curious to how much weight youv remvoed cuz i see your dyno sheet says weight 3400 now if you add about 350lbs im sure your numbers would be around 480-490 but im curious if they made a mistake or if thats the REAL WEIGHT of the car?

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
CobraBob said:
You're making some nice numbers! 510/503 on a Mustang Dyno. What is your upper/lower combo?

Thanks! This was my 2.700 upper & idler setup, stock lower - not my fav setup for I do not have the supporting fuel mods to run it on a regular basis. It is strictly for dyno bragging rights...lol
The 2.900 and stock lower dynoed at 485/490rwhp is what I usually run on the street.

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
ViciousJay said:
Venom525 im curious to how much weight youv remvoed cuz i see your dyno sheet says weight 3400 now if you add about 350lbs im sure your numbers would be around 480-490 but im curious if they made a mistake or if thats the REAL WEIGHT of the car?

No idea, never had the car on a scale and they did not ask... could be a mistake:shrug:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Cool (no pun intended) idea with the custom HE.

Are these numbers SAE? If so, I'm assuming they are converted DynoJet-guesstimate numbers since that combo isn't likely to run near 500rwhp SAE on an MD. The incorrect weight could also be helping the numbers a bit.

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Cool (no pun intended) idea with the custom HE.

Are these numbers SAE? If so, I'm assuming they are converted DynoJet-guesstimate numbers since that combo isn't likely to run near 500rwhp SAE on an MD. The incorrect weight could also be helping the numbers a bit.

Thanks, now I cannot wait to try out the HE on the OT!:pepper:
I am going down to Steeda.ca in the morning to drop of some pulley kits and idlers and to pick up my AEM Wideband, I'll ask about the dyno numbers...

Users who are viewing this thread