? on exhaust

2valves

TragicSVT
Established Member
Long tubes or shorties? what brand?also what mid pipe? im at 14lb of boost with a eaton, stock block, just couple bolt ons, let me know what you guy think, Thanks:beer:

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
I'd go with longtubes but you don't really get there full HP gains until you start making over 500. For mids id go catless but that's just me I like my truck loud.

6th gear

Established Member
Longtubes all the way.Shorties offer nothing in performance,they just look cool on a ol hot rod.Now im new the L.But every time i put Long tubes on any performance vehical iv ever owned it woke it up tremendusy.Even stock that was always the first mod.But ppl say the L doesnt need them until big HP???.Idk nothing about that,i just know shorties are a waste of money.just my .2

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The mid pipe is your biggest restriction right now. If you decide to do a full exhaust then longtubes are your best choice. OBX, Kooks, Pacesetter and Dynatech are some choices. If you ever plan to go built and all out then Bassani R, Cannon or the new system from American Racing is the way to go.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I got Bassani shorty headers for my stock block and it really was not worth it at all. I then went with Kooks longtubes and it made a lot of difference. Also if you ever did go built you would need long tubes anyways, not sure what your plans are though.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i had longtubes on my F150 and it didn't feel any different than my gutted cats. my truck is no lightning but i really could not feel a difference in throttle response with the OBX's i had. so i sold them and put back on the stock manifolds and gutted cats. sounded better with the gutted cats anyway

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
The mid pipe is your biggest restriction right now. If you decide to do a full exhaust then longtubes are your best choice. OBX, Kooks, Pacesetter and Dynatech are some choices. If you ever plan to go built and all out then Bassani R, Cannon or the new system from American Racing is the way to go.

+1

With your current mods/boost level, the factory ones should be serving you pretty well performance wise. You won't really notice a difference in performance until you get into the 500HP and up or built, which i think was also mentioned above; but longtubes definitely get my vote.

BT

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Here you go. I'm not sure I'd even take the time to install a set of shorties on an L if they were given to me.

Users who are viewing this thread