OMFG stolen

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
So here's how my story goes....

been having problems with ported blowers, tunes, etc. Decided to take a blower and lower intake to a porter and get it done. 2 months goes by and I get the stuff back, nothing done to it, cant get a ahold of anyone yadda yadda im not going to say who it was but they arent around anymore.....the beginning of the end.

im like shit, well I package it all up and send it on its way to steggy. it never makes it, in fact it didnt make it far at all. it made it to the distribution
center in fort worth texas.

after almost 2 weeks fedex says they found the box but not the contents and I should file a claim. Thats a blower, intercooler, and lower intake, poof, gone.

so now its been almost 3 months ive been mucking with this crap and im just frustrated. i cant believe some loser walked off with 61lbs of my car.

id start firing employees until someone spoke up.

did I insure it? yes, but not for enough apparently, and not surprising since I didnt expect it to disappear but im only off by about 800 bucks so thats good.
although ive heard it can take 6 to 8 weeks to get paid from fedex.

:cuss:

for crin out loud cant people just **** off and leave shit alone.

on a positive note i had a good talk with linn at amazon about a whipple although i might have to get a armored truck to deliver it if I order one :dw:

ModsAway

Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. The bright side will be the shiny exterior of your POLISHED WHIPPLE!!!!

dougwg

Established Member
blower about 600
lower intake 500
IC 500

$1600..........some people need to die, if it ain't yours DON"T TOUCH IT!

BoneCrusher

Established Member
dougwg said:
$1600..........some people need to die, if it ain't yours DON"T TOUCH IT!

Words to live by.

Sorry to hear about all this bullsh*t Buff, I'd be flipping my lid. I'd include my car payment and insurance for all the time you can't drive your car in my claim against Fed Dicks.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
i'll make sure to insure my stuff from now on...that's messed up
Insurance is a no brainer. While theft may not be terribly common, damaged in shipping is. ALWAYS insure what you ship if it has any sizable value.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I sent them the whole thing in case there was something they could do with it. Steggy was already starting to play around with the lower intake but wasnt sure yet what they could get so I just sent the whole shibang.

From ford, a blower, intercooler, lower intake with tax is ~ $3385.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
BuffDigits - Did you get a tracking number with it when you sent it off? I'm about to send mine out and this kind of post makes me very leary of doing so.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
yeah tracking number didnt help, package just stops with no further updates or information. scanned at distribution center, then poof nada.

I just received a call that they found the box, minus the contents, and that its officially considered lost.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Unfortunately there are allot of dishonest people in this world and you just have to keep that in mind with anything....sorry about your misfortune.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Sorry bout your loss man, but that is really a rare instance, they lose alot of shit but generally they find it, not to much hijacked usually. Obviously somebody knew what they were looking for. BTW you can over insure this stuff and it probably wont do you any good, just because a 3000 dollar item is insured for 4 grand doesnt mean they will pay the 4 Gs, Just be thankful for the insurance that you did have on it. Good luck with your claim. :beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I used to ship a lot of expensive stuff, firearms of all types, always used UPS and always shipped insured for 150% of my replacement value. Saved my ass more than once. They will always try to dick you out of some of the value you state.

Also always had them hold the item for "counter pick up", that was after coming home to $12,000 worth of AR-15's left on my porch. Guess the ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED is optional :bash:

Something to think about with $4k blowers and other pricey shit.

Users who are viewing this thread