Oldest son bought a 94 Corvette...so dad got one too...lol.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll probably tune mine at some point. Headers, intake, TB, no cats. Car launches pretty well, but gearing doesn't do it any favors at highway speed.

ArabianOak

Established Member
good stuff guys...hope to do intake and tune on mine eventually...can't believe the intake is 3k on this car...lol...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Congrats! When you do the dragy are you going to do the C4 also?
Yes, i am a little nervous about doing it on my sons car because he will demand I pay if anything breaks...lolololol...i'm hoping a low 14 high 13 in his car. It feels like it pulls nicely.

the c8 has been alot of fun so far...0-60 time is incredible considering its rwd on a cold street...

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Yes, i am a little nervous about doing it on my sons car because he will demand I pay if anything breaks...lolololol...i'm hoping a low 14 high 13 in his car. It feels like it pulls nicely.

the c8 has been alot of fun so far...0-60 time is incredible considering its rwd on a cold street...

I have owned mine almost 2 years now but have yet to use launch control. I def need to try it sometime.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Sure does sound good

ArabianOak

Established Member
What's up guys...figured I would come back and give the DRAGY update on the C8 Zed 51

VERY impressed with this car and happy I didn't spend extra to get the Z06. Best times so far...

0-60 in 2.7
0-100 in 7.1
1/4 10.95@124mph

Dislikes...slight ticking from the DI that all of them make...not a big deal but I figure I would mention it.

These are street passes but the car has little to no issues hooking up even when its in the 40s outside...here is an 11.2 video on slightly damp streets recorded with the PDR.

Favorite vette by far for two simple reasons, drivability and balance...

Last edited:

13'5.0

Established Member
The C4 Corvette is one of the biggest pile of sh!t vehicles I see on a regular bases. Granted, at a car dealership a lot of what we see is higher mileage, a lot of times abused trade-ins. But man those cars are terrible. The windows, the door locks, nothing works. They all overheat. The clutch is gone in all of them. Still to this day, after 7-8 years in the car business, I've only been broke down, stranded twice on test drives. Both times were C4 Corvettes.

Users who are viewing this thread