Old Video Games?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Very cool on the Ms. Pac. I got a 60 in 1 board for mine so could play more than just Ms. Pac. I'm sure you already tried reseating connectors/roms/checking for broken solder joints. But if you want, there's a few guys in your area I know of that you could check. Most of the boards can be repaired for under $100 but they're only worth that. You can get a plug and play set up for your machine for $125 or so though provided the orginal power supply is ok and tube is good. Sounds like you have a great basis for something since it's recapped. :beer:

Actually I haven't. I haven't messed with it at all...it's just sitting. One day I'll roll it out and fuss with it.

The power supply on mine is good, and so is the monitor. Just something up with the board. I may hit you up for one of those guys before real long..I'd like to have it working when I finish off the next area in the basement.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Actually I haven't. I haven't messed with it at all...it's just sitting. One day I'll roll it out and fuss with it.

The power supply on mine is good, and so is the monitor. Just something up with the board. I may hit you up for one of those guys before real long..I'd like to have it working when I finish off the next area in the basement.

Cool; I'm sure its something stupid. I do have my orginal Ms. Pac Board with the fast chip in it including the daughter card if you need one. And feel free to PM about anything with it. I redecaled, and basically restored the whole cabinet so can give you inexpensive places for stuff if you haven't already.

Dave

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Cool; I'm sure its something stupid. I do have my orginal Ms. Pac Board with the fast chip in it including the daughter card if you need one. And feel free to PM about anything with it. I redecaled, and basically restored the whole cabinet so can give you inexpensive places for stuff if you haven't already.

Dave

Sweet. I looked at ordering decals for mine...I might still. Mine still has all the original artwork on it, but the previous owner tried to touch it up with a paint brush and it doesn't look so hot. At one point I found a place that did stencils I could use to properly sand/repaint the thing, but I never did get around to it.

One day I'll sell it, and go hunting for either gauntlet or TMNT. I think a 4 player setup like that in what will be the pool table room in the basement would be awesome.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Sweet. I looked at ordering decals for mine...I might still. Mine still has all the original artwork on it, but the previous owner tried to touch it up with a paint brush and it doesn't look so hot. At one point I found a place that did stencils I could use to properly sand/repaint the thing, but I never did get around to it.

One day I'll sell it, and go hunting for either gauntlet or TMNT. I think a 4 player setup like that in what will be the pool table room in the basement would be awesome.

Stencils are good/best, but the decals aren't bad. Got them from a guy on ebay for just over a $100. Stencils and the paint and time it takes is so much work but without question the correct look. Like all this stuff as you know more than me, it is the time to do it.

Geez, I just sold my Gauntlet! I restored it top to bottom and had both Gauntlet 1 and 2 boards with spare parts...! Oh well. :)

Sorry for derailing your thread...!:kaboom:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Stencils are good/best, but the decals aren't bad. Got them from a guy on ebay for just over a $100. Stencils and the paint and time it takes is so much work but without question the correct look. Like all this stuff as you know more than me, it is the time to do it.

Geez, I just sold my Gauntlet! I restored it top to bottom and had both Gauntlet 1 and 2 boards with spare parts...! Oh well. :)

Sorry for derailing your thread...!:kaboom:

LOL, damnit! Oh well, I'm not really ready for it yet anyway...I have to finish off an extra area of my basement first. But if you happen to run across either a TMNT or Gauntlet, let me know.

No worries on the derail...thanks to Austin I'm only really missing 3 games I want for SNES and basically zero for N64 and PS1. So unless someone else is just giving stuff away, or they happen to have one of the few games I'm still hunting for, I'm done for a bit anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread