Old Video Games?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Just a reminder for folks, or a notice for the new guys, that I collect these things. Primarily the 8-16bit stuff, although I may consider some newer stuff (like N64, 3DO, Saturn, etc) if you've got it.

At this point, my collection is more or less saturated, but I'm always open to a good deal if you have some stuff you want to unload but don't want to throw away.

I'm also more interested in games and controllers than systems, but again, I understand if you need to unload stuff in a bundle.

If you have stuff you want to sell, post up. Just be warned though, I don't have the spare cash for anything expensive right now..I already blew my funding on paint for the cowl hood on my 92GT, and a new engine for the 92LX.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Only console? I have some old PC games when they used to come in big nice boxes with concept art brochures and lots of extras.. Original release Starcraft, every Mechwarrior, Police Quest collection, just to name a few.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Yeah, just consoles. I'm a software engineer. I spend my entire day parked at a desk in front of a computer, I never could get into PC games for that reason. I want to chill on a couch with a beer and a controller when I sit down to play now.

lol.

CobraMan69

Established Member
i have a super nintendo, ps1, n64, dreamcast, and maybe a nintendo. I have alot of games to and even a superscope that works if you remember that thing. It should all still be working except maybe the snes console. I should have all this if you want any of it let me know im going to hopefully settle on my house this weekend but i could probably have it together next weekend I will store it off to the side for you.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
i have a super nintendo, ps1, n64, dreamcast, and maybe a nintendo. I have alot of games to and even a superscope that works if you remember that thing. It should all still be working except maybe the snes console. I should have all this if you want any of it let me know im going to hopefully settle on my house this weekend but i could probably have it together next weekend I will store it off to the side for you.

LOL, yeah I remember the super scope. I've got mine from when I was a kid...it's to bad they don't work on the HDTV's. I liked some of the games for those old light guns (like duck hunt and hogans alley).

Anyway, yeah I'm interested. Hit me up and let me know whatcha want to get for that stuff. And congrats on the house..where are you moving too?

CobraMan69

Established Member
Im in Glen Burnie ten minutes east of arundel mills. Ill let you know when i get it all together im going back and forth to my parents house this week to continue moving stuff so ill put it all in a box and meet up with you one day this week or next if you schedules free.

CobraMan69

Established Member
if you want an old crt that the super scope may work on i have my old 32 inch sony flat screen crt that i dont need anymore. it only ways like 150lbs its light lol.

ieatlt1

Nom! Nom!
Established Member
If you ever get some money together I have pepsi invaders for the atari I've been told it's suppose to be one of the holy grails.. I'd love to sell it..

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Im in Glen Burnie ten minutes east of arundel mills. Ill let you know when i get it all together im going back and forth to my parents house this week to continue moving stuff so ill put it all in a box and meet up with you one day this week or next if you schedules free.

Cool man, I may actually be up that way this weekend as well, depending on what goes down with some college buddies of mine. Just keep me posted, I know how moving into a new place can be (I just did it myself).

if you want an old crt that the super scope may work on i have my old 32 inch sony flat screen crt that i dont need anymore. it only ways like 150lbs its light lol.

32" CRT? Sweet! LOL, I might be game for a huge dinosour of a TV, not sure where I'll put it, but if you need to unload it, I'll take it. I actually have an old 27" flat screen WEGA I was holding onto for that purpose, but 32" is better:).

If you ever get some money together I have pepsi invaders for the atari I've been told it's suppose to be one of the holy grails.. I'd love to sell it..

You know, I believe you are correct. I was just reading about that sometime recently. I'm not real big on atari, but I do think that game is worth some coin. Racketboy has a writeup on it, along with a value prediction. I'd take the part of that range you think your copy is worth, then put that bad boy on ebay with a reserve.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member

ieatlt1

Nom! Nom!
Established Member
I took it apart as instructed to show the rom codes off the game (took pictures). My dad worked for coke for 15 years from the mid 70's- late 80's his boss went to the atlanta for the conf and brought it back. His kids didn't have a atari... my dad had won a promo for selling the most cases of pop and they gave him an atari so he gave the game to my dad with it.
I still have the atari in the box and it has a promo use only made into the front of the box... I also have a oddessy II he got the same way promo use only on the box.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Sweet. Good luck man, you'll probably get some decent coin for that. And hopefully it'll go to someone that takes care of it, not many around from what I understand.

You should send the buyer the story that goes with it...sometimes that makes stuff worth a little more if it was obtained in some interesting way.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
If anyone has a spare SEGA Genesis they want to unload I'm your guy :D

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
If anyone has a spare SEGA Genesis they want to unload I'm your guy :D

Where were you 6 months ago? I had like 5 of those things at one time. Everytime I got a lot of games from someone, they'd pawn their Genesis off on me. I had Gen1 and Gen2 systems out my ying yang.

I eventually gave all but 2 away, the one I"m using, and a spare, both of which are the smaller Gen2 type, but have a 32x plugged into it so I don't have the banding issues that everyone whines about.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Austin, thanks again. The new house looks awesome, and everything made it here safe and sound. I haven't brought the TV downstairs yet though..that thing is heavy as hell.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Mike, you had me excited that maybe you had some video game cabinet games wanted or for sale! I only have a few C64 stuff which it doesn't sound like you collect. Cabinets and pinball machines I do have. :-O

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, I actually have a Ms. Pacman cab. It was in perfect working order until I was moving it around one afternoon, set it down hard by accident, and now it's all jacked up. Graphics are a mess...so something got rattled loose, but I'm not sure what. I don't know how to diagnose those old boards.

So now it's just sitting in my basement collecting dust because I haven't had time to haul it back down to the road to the only person I know that can fix it..and I"m not even sure he still does it.

He's the guy that fixed it all up for me the first time..new caps, new connectors, etc. It worked AWESOME when he was done. Until that hard set down :-/.

I have a bunch of old atari stuff (2600, 7800) but I doubt I'll play that much. I get much more out of the 16 bit games (SNES, Genesis, TG16) and the NES. Although I was playing Mario Kart 64 the other night...looks dated, still fun.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
I have a bunch of old atari stuff (2600, 7800) but I doubt I'll play that much. I get much more out of the 16 bit games (SNES, Genesis, TG16) and the NES. Although I was playing Mario Kart 64 the other night...looks dated, still fun.

I have a hacked Wi that has emulators for Genesis NES, SNES, Gamecube, and about 12 other emulators as well as about 3000 games saved onto one SD card.

If you're only wanting to play the games, you may look into that.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I have a hacked Wi that has emulators for Genesis NES, SNES, Gamecube, and about 12 other emulators as well as about 3000 games saved onto one SD card.

If you're only wanting to play the games, you may look into that.

Yeah, I have all the emulators also, but I prefer the real deal. I actually have an oak cabinet built in my game room that holds all the consoles, wired up to some signal switches that automatically route out the signal from the active console to the TV.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Very cool on the Ms. Pac. I got a 60 in 1 board for mine so could play more than just Ms. Pac. I'm sure you already tried reseating connectors/roms/checking for broken solder joints. But if you want, there's a few guys in your area I know of that you could check. Most of the boards can be repaired for under $100 but they're only worth that. You can get a plug and play set up for your machine for $125 or so though provided the orginal power supply is ok and tube is good. Sounds like you have a great basis for something since it's recapped. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread