Ok,wtf? 7.01@ 103.5?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
A 3000-3400 stall would pick up that 60ft by at least 2 tenths. The PD blowers love convertors. My 4400 lb Lightning with a little 2.3 Whipple, 2400 stall PI convertor and 10.5x30 radial slicks. Could cut 1.38 60's

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
Solution is to put a radial on it. You won't fall off on the top end. Post up the timeslip so we can see the increments.

JerryC

Established Member
After looking at the video, I'd try more air and heating the tires alot more. Get the tires spinning faster, I dont like to hear them squeal under power in the burnout, as you come off the throttle they're going to squeal as they slow down, but when you're heating them up it should just spin.
The car is hauling, it just looks a tiny bit sluggish at the launch. Low air pressure saps horsepower.
Have you "printed" the tires to see how they contact the ground? Too low and you ride the edges, too much and you ride the center. Sometimes a simple roll through a puddle and onto dry ground can give you an idea of where to start with air pressure.

Bud

Established Member
I don't hear any hits on the rev limiter but not sure if you've logged it and seen that happen, depending on if your car was built before 12.20.2010 there is a tsb out for flare up on the 2/3 shift: http://www.tunelogic.net/tsb11-11-11.pdf

Some people have had issues banging the rev limiter and picked up time after the tsb work. Just throwing out random stuff now in case it could help

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
The more air we put in the tires,the more it spins and dances around going down the track. A converter for one of these cars with a PD blower is different than that of a Lightning because of the difference in transmissions. The 4 speed in the Lightning needs the extra stall because of first gear gearing, where our cars have a steep 4.17 first gear. Alot of folks now are not even changing rear end gearing...(this is what i have been told from Justin and Circle C).Now gears and a stall with a Centri blower is badass..

I do believe i will try a drag radial on the stock rim. I also have a spare set of 275 60-15 M/T et street radials i could try as well. I do have a more aggressive tune from VMP that requires 100 octane fuel..

Thanks for all the input guys,i really appreciate it! :beer:

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I don't hear any hits on the rev limiter but not sure if you've logged it and seen that happen, depending on if your car was built before 12.20.2010 there is a tsb out for flare up on the 2/3 shift: http://www.tunelogic.net/tsb11-11-11.pdf

Some people have had issues banging the rev limiter and picked up time after the tsb work. Just throwing out random stuff now in case it could help

I will also check on this.

JerryC

Established Member
The more air we put in the tires,the more it spins and dances around going down the track.

That's why I said I'd really heat them up. If I can hook with 28 psi in a 18" radial, you should be able to hook without airing down so low.

How much power are you putting down?

Users who are viewing this thread