Ok,wtf? 7.01@ 103.5?

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
How am i running a 7.0 with a trap speed of 103.5? I just knew we were headed for the 6 second zone last night.Great weather for racing.

First pass we were trying to figure out tire pressure,and the car spun to a [email protected] 60 was 1.75 Air was at 13psi

Second pass it went a 7.01 103.4 60 was 1.65 air was 11.5psi

3rd run was 7.03 @ 103.5 60 was 1.68 @10.5psi

4th run was 7.02 102.5 60 was 1.63 air was 10.5.(me driving)

It didnt matter if the car was stone cold,or at operating temperature.. Didn't matter if i drove(248lbs) or my wife a 115lbs... The pass i made the car wasn't cooled down,and my fat ass driving and it was the same.

So what is next? Converter? LCA's? Gears?

Vids: I am the fatty in the blue shirt,lol..We had a great time..:rockon:

first try 044 - YouTube
first try 031.MTS - YouTube
:beer:

Last edited:

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
11gt2.jpg

11gt3.jpg

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
i wish i could find a girl who could drive the shit out of my car.. thats awesome that your wife can/is willing to drive.

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
It's an Auto. It only takes a certain amount of skill ;-)

There isn't alot of wives out there willing to drive a 550+hp
car at the track on slicks..

Truthfully this is her car. I talked her into trading her G8 for it,i have just made all of the "mod" calls on it.:beer::beer:

Anyone with this set up care to share ways to drop 60ft times?:thumbsup:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
There isn't alot of wives out there willing to drive a 550+hp
car at the track on slicks..

Truthfully this is her car. I talked her into trading her G8 for it,i have just made all of the "mod" calls on it.:beer::beer:

Anyone with this set up care to share ways to drop 60ft times?:thumbsup:

What mods does it have? any suspension upgrades?

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Talked to the guys at circle D,and they said on a Roush car it would not benefit that much due to the low end torque of the PD blower. I have e-mailed VMP several times on the subject asking maybe if i need to go down in pulley size ,or what they would recommend to cut 60ft times,but i think they have thousands of e mails a day so they skim through as many of them as they can...I haven't got a clear answer yet...I am starting to think i maybe should have went with a procharger/converter route..

JerryC

Established Member
My formula:
305-35-18 (26.4") MT ET SR II's 28psi
Rockstar burnout :)
stage ASAP to get the tires glued in place.
load convetor to ~1800
1.57 60'
6.9 @ 101.3
10.8 @127.5

TVS, 82mm, K&N, Roush AB's.
Full weight plus heavy wheels, spare and a 10lb toolkit. ~3/8 tank of gas.

JerryC

Established Member
One other thing. Hold the brake for a bit as you floor the gas. If your car is like mine there is a little hesistation before the car engages and launches. You don't want to be slow rolling the beams during that dead time.

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
Have you tried drag radials? If you are dead hooking on the slicks once dialed in, I would try some radials to see if you are any quicker on them. People have been hooking stupid 60's on drag radials and been quicker on them than slicks if you can get them to hook.

I'd try some drag radials or pulley that thing down until it does what you want. I had to throw a converter in my PD blower car but I think that was due to elevation killing my power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread