Ok........who STILL watches Lost?

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
It seems that this show is a favorite for flaming so I will ask you all to keep it at a minimum please:beer:

Who is still into this show? I know it was very popular when it first aired but after 5 seasons it has lost a huge chunk of its viewers. I personally LOVE the show. The finale is coming up for season 5......who's excited?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
My suitemate in the dorms absolutely loves it. He will completely stop studying for a test, call his little girl partner that watches it with him and they will watch it together.

KduncSS

Established Member
I still do! Good show, but don't miss a episode or two or you will indeed be LOST>
Very true. IMO this is why alot of people think it sucks. It's not like most other shows on tv where you can skip a couple of weeks and just pick right back up where you left off. Lost requires commited viewing LOL.
My suitemate in the dorms absolutely loves it. He will completely stop studying for a test, call his little girl partner that watches it with him and they will watch it together.

Sounds like me and my friends. I have gotten a bunch of people hooked on it and we try to watch it together as much as we can.

The finale is going to be awesome!

Indeed!:rockon:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I got into it a few months ago. I watched every episode online until I got caught up. I have a few saved from weeks past. I may catch up to the present tonight. I haven't really enjoyed this season too much personally.

KduncSS

Established Member
I got into it a few months ago. I watched every episode online until I got caught up. I have a few saved from weeks past. I may catch up to the present tonight. I haven't really enjoyed this season too much personally.

I can see why some people might not like it as much as seasons past. I really like where the writers have taken it though. The TT stuff is confusing as all hell but it really shook things up.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
That's true. I think I was more into it when I had several episodes that I would watch at one sitting instead of having to wait for a new one each week like I have to now. That's why I held off the past couple of weeks since my computer records them like a DVR anyway.

KduncSS

Established Member
That's true. I think I was more into it when I had several episodes that I would watch at one sitting instead of having to wait for a new one each week like I have to now. That's why I held off the past couple of weeks since my computer records them like a DVR anyway.

I know what you mean. I didnt start watching the show untill right before the 3rd season started back after a break. I started watching the dvd's and by the middle of season 1 I was hooked. I blew through both seasons and caught up on the first few season 3 episodes online before new episodes aired. It is definitely more entertaining when you can watch multiple eps at once(and with no or limited commercials)

pharmd2010

Established Member
Well Kdunc, you know me! Best show to EVER be on television, IMO. This season has only made me love the show even more. I anticipate every Wednesday at 9:00pm like crazy! I do agree though, most people aren't into the show because they miss an episode here or there and those of us who watch every show know that you miss SO much in one episode that you will get "lost".

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
It took a nosedive after around the mid 2nd-3rd season. I stopped watching it when I noticed that instead of making an effort to actually begin to answer some of the questions the viewers had, they tried to cover up their curiosity by killing people off, adding tons of new characters and introducing yet more questions.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I watched the first season and part of the second, after that it just became too ridiculous. All of these stupid, crazy things started happening so that the plot could continue to be pushed forward.

I didn't even think that it was even on still until I found out that my friend's mom still watches it every week.

KduncSS

Established Member
Well Kdunc, you know me! Best show to EVER be on television, IMO. This season has only made me love the show even more. I anticipate every Wednesday at 9:00pm like crazy! I do agree though, most people aren't into the show because they miss an episode here or there and those of us who watch every show know that you miss SO much in one episode that you will get "lost".
Hell yes!
Best show eva!
Fo sho!

It took a nosedive after around the mid 2nd-3rd season. I stopped watching it when I noticed that instead of making an effort to actually begin to answer some of the questions the viewers had, they tried to cover up their curiosity by killing people off, adding tons of new characters and introducing yet more questions.

Yea it had some hickups definitely. One thing that always ends up biting tv shows in the ass that have a full 22 episode season is trying to fill all those hours. There is only so much with the central storyline you can do. So alot of shows, including Lost use "filler" episoedes to fulfill there full season commitment. And usually save the big reveals for the beginning, middle, and end of the season.
I watched the first season and part of the second, after that it just became too ridiculous. All of these stupid, crazy things started happening so that the plot could continue to be pushed forward.

I didn't even think that it was even on still until I found out that my friend's mom still watches it every week.

It turned alot of people off when no answers were being dished out just more and more questions. But at the end of season 3 the exec producers who are also writers on the show negotiated with ABC to put an end cap to the series. This is very rare as most television companies would not agree to end a show before they know it isnt profitable anyomre but they struck a deal. Ever since the end of the 3rd season when the producers and ABC agreed that Lost would end after a 6th season the show has just gotten better and better IMO. They are actually working toward an end now and wrapping things up.

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
How can they be lost for five seasons? and the show not be like Tom Hanks hanging out with wilson for 5 seasons :shrug:

KduncSS

Established Member
How can they be lost for five seasons? and the show not be like Tom Hanks hanging out with wilson for 5 seasons :shrug:

If you watched the show you would know the answer to this. They were no longer lost a good while before this season;-)

Users who are viewing this thread