OK, Weapon X COPs - Do you run them?

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
I started a thread about the Granatelli COPs, but now I'm totally sold on the Weapon X. Who has them on their Cobra, and what kind of things did you notice when you put them on i.e. driveability, throttle response, power gains/losses????? I would love to get some soon but I want to hear from some guys who have them and get opinions first. Thanks for any response....

Jason

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
Anyone who runs them, let me know how you like them!!! I would like to get some good feedback on them before I buy them. Thanks for any help...

Oxford Snake

Established Member
I was running them (my car is currently torn apart now) and I noticed a smoother idle and a little crisper throttle response.

I gained about 12hp and 20tq but ran into spark blowout problems and did not continue testing . I changed from TR-6s at .030 to IT-22's at .032.

dynocomparison3qn4.jpg

SRT-M4

Established Member
I have had them on my car since the first batch came out. I have not had any issues at all with them. The car idled smoother and throttle response wa much improved. No hard numbers though.
They are made alot better than the stock pieces.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Not a mod that I'm interested in since lots of guys are running 9's with stock
COPs.

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
Not a mod that I'm interested in since lots of guys are running 9's with stock
COPs.

Yeah I agree that the stock pieces are good, even up to rediculous amounts of HP (friend of mine has a 1000HP TT with just a BAS and the stock COPs). I'm really just looking for a more consistent, reliable spark that will help with smooth running and driveablilty and from what people have said, that's exactly what the Weapon Xs help with. I'm not looking for the huge numbers, although I would guess that these units would do a lot of good on big HP cars. Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it....

ricksterman

Established Member
Depending on the boost you're running, I've had good luck with NGK TR7 iridiums and the stock COPS, and I run over 20 psi boost. One more Sunday at AND, haven't seen you out for quite a while?

Oxford snake -are you saying that you got spark blowout with the WeaponX COPS? Please elaborate on the dyno graph and your setup, I am curious. I have offered (on another site) to test the WeaponX or GMS pieces on one condition, that if they don't gain me 2% (about 12HP, anywhere on the power band, not just peak), I could send them back for a full refund. No takers.

Last edited:

hoofnit1

Established Member
I have had nothing but problems with them on a turbo car I am working on. 2 sets and counting. Saying that their customer service has been great never a problem they just
replaced them.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
I have had nothing but problems with them on a turbo car I am working on. 2 sets and counting. Saying that their customer service has been great never a problem they just
replaced them.

Will you elaborate? I also agree with the customer service, Mark sent me an advanced replacement set. I have the car torn apart so have not had a chance to retest.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
People run 9s with stock exhaust. Does not mean you can't improve on it.

Well have at it then. I'm certainly not going to spend my money on them.

...and I'd like to see someone running 9's on stock exhaust (manifolds
to the catback). :rockon:

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I have the same spark blowout problem as Oxford Snake. My guess is this is an EMI issue. I have a 4 gauge wire for my stereo system going through the engine bay. Maybe this is contributing to the issue. I will be selling mine used. They are practically brand new. PM if interested.

turbo'd 03

Established Member
I have had no problem with mine. you can not run TR6 or 7's with these cops it has be a NON REISTOR PLUG... I have NGK B8EFS gaped at .25
If you run a reistor plug it will blow out the spark everytime. I ran into that same problem and called Mark and he said that was my problem,changed the plugs and nerver had anymore prob....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread