Ok, so next exhaust choice!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
And, it is finalized. Adding the 3 inch Bullets as resonators really helped, in my opinion. The only aspect of the sound that may have suffered is the lope. The lope sounds best with a chambered muffler.

Here are the new vids;

WOT drive away:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3GK0kLjR88&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=4&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Dynomax Ultra-Flow with 3 inch Bullets takeoff - YouTube[/nomedia]

Rev Up:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAjo9am4dko&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=1&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with Dynomax Ultra-Flow and Bullets, Pypes X-Pipe rev up - YouTube[/nomedia]

Slow Drive Away:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE1Vy7JwK3k&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=2&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with Dynomax Ultra-Flows and Bullets, Pypes X-Pipe, slow driveaway - YouTube[/nomedia]

Coming at you:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNGo0PouTrA&list=UUECPEzGAKEB4O9G3T-ImoFA&index=3&feature=plcp"]2012 Mustang GT, 5.0 with Dynomax Ultra-Flows and 3 inch Bullets slow pass - YouTube[/nomedia]

The Lope:

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with AED Lope version 3, Dynomax Bullets and Dynomax Ultra-Flow axle back - YouTube

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
And, I can't stop the insanity...I pulled them off yesterday. They mellowed out, and that was good. However, I found myself bummed out over the sound of the lope. I know, I am crazy. I already sold them.

So, what should I try now? I am, again, thinking of going back to the GT500s. Has anyone heard the JBA or the MBRP street? I have the 3 inch Bullets now, so most stuff will be mellower.

ON EDIT: Screw it, I am going back to GT500s. I am done with the grand experiment. LOL.

Mike

Last edited:

99mstng

Established Member
Did you ever run the Roush with factory resonators and an offroad X or H? Interested to hear that setup . . .

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
So can I make you a video tomorrow and show you how nice the magnaflows sound?

I actually bought a new camera this week, so I finally can, lol...

Last edited:

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
And, I can't stop the insanity...I pulled them off yesterday. They mellowed out, and that was good. However, I found myself bummed out over the sound of the lope. I know, I am crazy. I already sold them.

So, what should I try now? I am, again, thinking of going back to the GT500s. Has anyone heard the JBA or the MBRP street? I have the 3 inch Bullets now, so most stuff will be mellower.

ON EDIT: Screw it, I am going back to GT500s. I am done with the grand experiment. LOL.

Mike

JBA Axleback

JBA axle back mufflers Mustang - YouTube

jack_feenix

Established Member
got magnaflows street cats and had some bad drone but i put em on with only a couple hundred miles on the car. The drone is only noticable now in 6th might be cause of the higher mileage or i just might be getting deafer. well anyways stay away frm em is my opinion. bassanis sound great frm what i witnessed im not a fan of borlas noise or pitch sounds to wannabe ferrari to me but my boy has em with bbk longtubes and xpipe and they dont drone at all which is a plus.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have always been tempted by the JBA, but I have heard conflicting info regarding drone and volume.

I went back to the GT500s basically because I know they work, sound great, don't drone and will be loud enough to satisfy me, but not so loud as to be obnoxious. I am digging the stealth approach more these days. The Maverick looking dude in the loud Vette that was glued to my bumper this morning certainly didn't expect the quiet Mustang he was tailgating to suddenly vanish into space like the Starship Enterprise, I can tell you that. LOL.

They will be here tomorrow, so I will get them on and pop some videos.

Mike

NickG

Established Member
I have the gt500 mufflers and with the cat deletes and mine sounds good but I just want more of a roar at wot then the gt500 give.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have the gt500 mufflers and with the cat deletes and mine sounds good but I just want more of a roar at wot then the gt500 give.

Well, you have plenty of choices for louder. I guess it really depends on how loud you want to go.

Mike

NickG

Established Member
Im gonna prolly try out the JBA. I want to try and get rid of the tinny .sound I still get from the gt500's

t01lightning

Established Member
Stock or gt500 mufflers with electric cutouts. You do not have to open them all the way and than you can play with the sound without going to the shop constinenly. Awesome effort trying to get the sound right. I like the option of quiet when cruising but to also goof off with my 3 year old on the way to school and electric cutouts let it have that very aggressive sound. Also look up burns mufflers. My buddy with a viper uses them and i think its what Tt lambos used to use. One last option is to keep what you have and order an akropvic mufflers. These might give it the sound your looking for as it will be very different. I best sound has not been found yet and will come from something nobody uses or has the balls to put together. By the way even with the perfect sound i would never have those hanging dynomax mufflers, its not a clean look and like someone else stated keeping the look of hiding the muffler looks better. Good luck man akropovic may be the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread