OK really dumb but I want to know

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Don't. Even though the engine has a pretty low CR, the low rpm low throttle timing is set to work with 91+ oct.

Buy one less coffee a week instead.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I do it all the time in my KB cobra. I just dont do do any pulls over 170. My tuner said its ok.

Disclaimer: the post above is completely full of sarcasm.

Last edited:
I do it all the time in my KB cobra. I just dont do do any pulls over 170. My tuner said its ok.

Disclaimer: the post above is completely full of sarcasm.

If a car is tuned for 93 octane or 91 octane I don't understand why anyone would risk putting in a lower grade of octane that could cause detonation? The price difference is not monumental and just seems like a suicide move IMHO. :shrug:

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
If a car is tuned for 93 octane or 91 octane I don't understand why anyone would risk putting in a lower grade of octane that could cause detonation? The price difference is not monumental and just seems like a suicide move IMHO. :shrug:

Because the 2.00 dollars they save at the pump is worth the same as 10K engine:shrug:...beats me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't recommend it, either. I could understand having to use a lower octane premium if you're traveling, but to purposely use regular gas, no. Not when the car is designed to run on premium. JMO.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
ahhh come on don't let these guys get to you, just do it!! :kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread