Ok...Im ready, KB or a Whipple, I will take either. Where to get?

04Torchvert

Established Member
I am already made up the mind. I am going to buy either a whipple or KB. I really don't want to buy new just because I think there is nothing wrong with a second hand kit. Does anybody know where I can get one? I really don't have a preference on either blower. I guess what ever one ends up with a good deal.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Based on what I've seen so far, I would choose a Whipple... They a) are cheaper off the bat, and b) seem in general to produce more hp/tq at lower boost levels (an engine life saver).

I am sure you'll get some of the guys who have had both blowers chime in here (JR, Kenny, etc) and give you far better input than that, but that's my $.02 :beer:

As far as where to get it, I have no idea. I would check with Jason (TRBO VNM)... :shrug:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Based on what I've seen so far, I would choose a Whipple... They a) are cheaper off the bat, and b) seem in general to produce more hp/tq at lower boost levels (an engine life saver).

I am sure you'll get some of the guys who have had both blowers chime in here (JR, Kenny, etc) and give you far better input than that, but that's my $.02 :beer:

As far as where to get it, I have no idea. I would check with Jason (TRBO VNM)... :shrug:

+1

I chose the Whipple because it is designed to run cooler. I have also heard stories of KB's siezing. The KB makes a much louder blower whine, and IMO looks better. As much as I wanted to hear it the louder whine and have better looks, the efficiency of the Whipple was more important to me.

TRBO VNM

Tim hit the nail on the head. I have talked to multiple tuners and other people and the whipple does appear to run cooler. I am sure you can get a great debate going on this stuff. I personally don't know which one I would get since I decided against either a while ago.

I do know someone selling a KB 2.2.

I know KB had oil issues when they first came out, but they have fixed that. I don't know when the fix happened, but Tommy or other KB owners should know and chime in.

Wiseguy

Established Member
I like the new 140 Whipple design. I like to use parts tested and promoted by Ford. Just like the Cobra R program. If you fine a killer deal go with either one. With a good tune and street use I wouldn't worry to much about temps.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
+1

I chose the Whipple because it is designed to run cooler. I have also heard stories of KB's siezing. The KB makes a much louder blower whine, and IMO looks better. As much as I wanted to hear it the louder whine and have better looks, the efficiency of the Whipple was more important to me.
:sleeping:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Great job Rob! Now look what you started!

Probably would not be hard at all to find a good deal on a used 2.2 KB. But, the new Whipple design has not been out very long and you're probably going to have to go new if you decide on this one. And the new one is supposedly a superior design to the original 2.3 Whipple. Wonder if we have any MACA members than get get a good price on a new Whipple through Lethal Performance??? If so, may want to shoot ole' Rob a PM.........

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
:lol: Was not poking at you or other owners for having a krappy KB just stating my opinion :poke:

Back at ya!

haha...i'm just playing around.

i only have a KB because i got a good deal on it and it had the new snout and so on it ;)

otherwise i would of gone whipple myself :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread