Ok gun owners: need some pricing help...

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
That's crazy, I'm getting my first handgun too. I went to targertmaster with my father in law yesterday, and I decided I was going to get an HK USP9 to keep in the house. I liked the .45 more, but my girlfriend can't shoot it as well, so we decided on the 9. Gonna shop around this week, and try to pick one up for next weekend to shoot.

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
Cory, I have a glock 23 and am looking for high capacity mags. I have 2 of the 10 rounders and want 2 of the high capacity mags

yea i myself own a glock 23, love the thing. it has night sights, just added a lasermax system. own a few 13 round high caps and one 29 rounder with a plus two on the bottom, looks pretty good with the extended mag. i bought it brand new when i was 14 from target master.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
I have a Taurus Tracker SS 7 shot .357/w 4" barrel that also shoots 38 specials.
Not as nice as a S&W but it shoots straight and cost almost 1/2 the price.
I'm not a pro shot but I can double-up head shots at 25 yards using a silhouette.
Here..
Adjustable sights.
627s800s4vy9.jpg

http://www.galleryofguns.com/ShootingTimes/Articles/DisplayArticles.asp?ID=33
Jeff

Last edited:

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member
I have a Taurus Tracker SS 7 shot .357/w 4" barrel that also shoots 38 specials.
Not as nice as a S&W but it shoots straight and cost almost 1/2 the price.
I'm not a pro shot but I can double-up head shots at 25 yards using a silhouette.
Here..
Adjustable sights.
627s800s4vy9.jpg

http://www.galleryofguns.com/ShootingTimes/Articles/DisplayArticles.asp?ID=33
Jeff

yea i have heard good things about them, i never owned one tho, we own a few s&w revolver in are family. i love my dads 44 with a 6 1/2 barrel from the performance center, what a cannon.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Ok gents, going to be purchasing the .45ACP H&K USP Compact Tactical from a local dealer here in Annapolis.

Now I just need some eye/ear protection.

For eye protection, I've selected the following (my Army Ranger buddy has these and I LOVE 'em):

Oakley M FRAME® STRIKE® SHOOTING SPECIFIC (w/ interchangeable lenses)
450eed6ef165a.jpg

My only remaining question is, who makes decent ear protection? I want decent, comfortable over-the-ear ear protectors. Anyone have any suggestions??

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
those oakley m frames are the shit, thats what i use, and love them, i have the kind that came in a kit though with about 5 lenses. make sure you get a set of clear lenses, if you go into a indoor range, with the haze int here from gun fire, you dont want any darkening at all.

for ears, i only use peltor, ive had big problems with pro ear's, not to mantin theyre $150-300 for a pair.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=103666

those are what i use, and they're great, ive been using the set i have now for about 1.5 years, never a problem, been out in pooring down rain in tactical long range comps, out in nasty mud, never a problem, great noise reduction, great battery life, and great price, really cant go wrong.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
those oakley m frames are the shit, thats what i use, and love them, i have the kind that came in a kit though with about 5 lenses. make sure you get a set of clear lenses, if you go into a indoor range, with the haze int here from gun fire, you dont want any darkening at all.

for ears, i only use peltor, ive had big problems with pro ear's, not to mantin theyre $150-300 for a pair.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=103666

those are what i use, and they're great, ive been using the set i have now for about 1.5 years, never a problem, been out in pooring down rain in tactical long range comps, out in nasty mud, never a problem, great noise reduction, great battery life, and great price, really cant go wrong.

Thanks for the link, Cory :beer:

What if I want a non-electronic set? In otherwords, just muffs, no electronic noise reduction? I will say right off the bat, I'd rather spend a little less than $83.

Anyone?

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
peltor aslo makes non electronic. but $83 is a small price tp pay for hearing protection, look at how much your going to spend on eyes.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
peltor aslo makes non electronic. but $83 is a small price tp pay for hearing protection, look at how much your going to spend on eyes.

The only problem is that whatever I buy, I have to buy 2 of (my wife will be shooting with me most of the time, and if not her then a buddy).

I suppose you're right though. If I spend $140 on the Oakley M Frames, then $83 on the ear protection doesn't seem utterly ridiculous.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I wear the same 15.00 pair for shooting and playing the drums...haha.. Excuse me>>> What did you say ????? Maybe I'll get some better ones soon. Those Oakley's are nice, but I can't justify that price. $25-35 can get a nice set of shooter glasses. Heck, I've worn a pair of Z-87 approved tinted safety glasses that look similar for 15 years. They were $15.00 back then.

Nice choice on the gun Sean. Remember, that gun show at Timonium fairgrounds is less than two weeks away. Feb. 8, 9 and 10th. You can do some real gun price haggling there, pick up ammo, your safety items along with a range bag. One stop shopping. It's a nice show. You owe it to yourself to go.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I wear the same 15.00 pair for shooting and playing the drums...haha.. Excuse me>>> What did you say ????? Maybe I'll get some better ones soon. Those Oakley's are nice, but I can't justify that price. $25-35 can get a nice set of shooter glasses. Heck, I've worn a pair of Z-87 approved tinted safety glasses that look similar for 15 years. They were $15.00 back then.

Nice choice on the gun Sean. Remember, that gun show at Timonium fairgrounds is less than two weeks away. Feb. 8, 9 and 10th. You can do some real gun price haggling there, pick up ammo, your safety items along with a range bag. One stop shopping. It's a nice show. You owe it to yourself to go.

Yup, I plan on attending. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread