Oil speerator in pcv hose needed?

craigstu

Established Member
Backround is I retired 3 yrs ago from 20 yrs as a Lexus tech. The hi-compression engines they phased in 2006-2005 turned out to be oil burners, intake valve deposit hogs. These are cars mostly driven by regular non-performance people and still had problems due to the high compression and inadequate pcv system. Should I get an oil seperator for my wife's 15 GT w/ PP?

Voltwings

Established Member
^^ I've always run bobs as well and have been quite happy with them. I like the firewall mount design, and the principle makes sense.

89 5.0

Established Member
I haven't seen one for the driver side yet? Does any company make one for the driver side?

Jon96cobra

Established Member
How much oil are you collecting. My dad GT expected to be delivery of his 5-13-15 I'm trying to research a OCC for it. I have the JLT on my ST.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Is driver side also really needed or just passanger?

I never had an issue you the driver's side, even when boost. However, some do. It just depends on the car.

How much oil are you collecting. My dad GT expected to be delivery of his 5-13-15 I'm trying to research a OCC for it. I have the JLT on my ST.

The passenger's side can catch a disturbing amount of oil depending on the conditions.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Hate to do this to some of my retail friends. But, I have the 11-14 UPR braided line.. not the cheap rubber clamped on one from the other that most people run. It fits the '15 perfect. The one for the '15 is $30 or $40 more, but its not necessary. Just fyi

Voltwings

Established Member
Hate to do this to some of my retail friends. But, I have the 11-14 UPR braided line.. not the cheap rubber clamped on one from the other that most people run. It fits the '15 perfect. The one for the '15 is $30 or $40 more, but its not necessary. Just fyi

I bought "cheap rubber" with my First bob's kit, and the car produces enough vacuum to collapse the hose at idle, basically rendering the PCV system useless. I would consider either a silicone reinforced or steel braided line necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread