Oil Seperator finally done!!!

eludercobra

Established Member
Well it took me many hours driving around to find parts. Small city parts are hard to find.

So what do you think?

CIMG1076.jpg

Bockfipher

Established Member
Nice!

Is that a fuel pressure sending unit as well? Do you have any pics of your setup for that?

04cobra13

Established Member
I have a similar oil seperator, make sure to seal off that lil bottom plastic drain, i melted mine close, or it will let air seep out of there and will not work...To test if it is air tight just un screw the glass part and blow in it to see if its sealed or not. Mine was not working until i did this, looks good btw!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Install looks good, but like others have mentioned, seal the bottom! Also, if it were me, I'd spray paint the body and fittings black to make it blend into the background more. If you want it to stand out, then you could do it in a red similar to the car color, but the blue isn't working for me.

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
i've been looking all over these parts locally and cant find them (no im not giving steeda 70 bucks for this). anyone have pointers on where to look? ive been to home depot, ace, o'reilly, wal-mart etc.

04cobra13

Established Member
i've been looking all over these parts locally and cant find them (no im not giving steeda 70 bucks for this). anyone have pointers on where to look? ive been to home depot, ace, o'reilly, wal-mart etc.

i got mine at home depot in the air tools section, the brand is husky..

TVSCobra

Established Member
Yeah they are a must on these cars. I installed an oil separator on mine awhile ago and also installed a JLT pre-filter on the PCV side of the system to aid in keeping the oil vapor from getting into the intake manifold. I still have some residual oil in the intake that runs down through the throttle body and then into in the air filter. I have none through the passenger side breather tube. At first I thought it was coming from the passenger side breather tube from excessive blow-by. Luckily it wasn't. Purchased enough to make two of them from Lowes for around 45 bucks. Run the separators without the filter, I believe they tend to clog after sometime.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread