Oil Pressure Gauge Q's

ECUSVT31

Established Member
So I picked up an autometer mechanical oil pressure gauge and I was just wondering if anyone could provide a picture of where to run it to. I heard you run a T fitting to the factory oil pressure line, but I'm not too sure where that is located. So if someone could just provide a pic or some detailed description I'd appreciate it.

Also heard the nylon line wasn't good to use, so would copper line be better? Has anyone had problems with the nylon line and leaks? I was thinking of running wider clear tubing over the nylon line to add extra protection, but to still be able to see if there were any leaks.

EDIT: Also where is everyone else running a T fitting for their mechanical boost gauge? Which vacuum line are you guys running it from?

Last edited:

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Is there any advantage to running a mechanical gauge vs. electrical? If it were me, I'd be terrified of piping hot engine oil into the interior of my car.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
You should order the 6ft braided stainless line from autometer for the oil pressure gauge. It won't leak if you follow the directions, use teflon tape and tighten it properly. You run the line to the spot that the factory oil pressure sender is run to. You remove the factory one and install your autometer one in its place. Then if you look you will see another allen head nut right next to the OEM location. You can run your factory one in that spot and have the use of both guages. Thats what I did and it worked great.

I always run mechanical gauges. They are cheaper and they don't rely on electrical components that will fail. No extra wiring either to power senders. I have an electric fuel pressure guage though, but my water temp, boost and oil pressure are all mechanical.

ECUSVT31

Established Member
You should order the 6ft braided stainless line from autometer for the oil pressure gauge. It won't leak if you follow the directions, use teflon tape and tighten it properly. You run the line to the spot that the factory oil pressure sender is run to. You remove the factory one and install your autometer one in its place. Then if you look you will see another allen head nut right next to the OEM location. You can run your factory one in that spot and have the use of both guages. Thats what I did and it worked great.

I always run mechanical gauges. They are cheaper and they don't rely on electrical components that will fail. No extra wiring either to power senders. I have an electric fuel pressure guage though, but my water temp, boost and oil pressure are all mechanical.
ok, and the 6ft line? i will be running it from my radio area. and would lock tite liquid work instead of teflon tape? and im not sure where the factory oil pressure sender runs to is located, so if you could point me in the right direction id really appreciate it :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread