Oil Preference (not brand) for Turbo Cobra's

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I know this has been beaten to death in the rest of the forums, but what preference of oil are yall using? IS everyone still using a synthetic oil (whether it's mobil 1 or RP)? I'm not really looking at what brand, but rather synthetic vs non-synthetic vs a syn blend like motorcraft oil. I'm running regular 5w-20 valvoline non synth right now.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I would definitely prefer a synthetic oil in a turbo application, synthetics are not as likely to break down from high temperatures like conventional. I personally run Royal Purple 5w30 and I like it.

I'm not really sure what you're asking SilverSerpent? Blow-by is something that cannot be 100% avoided, the seal between the rings and the cylinder walls isn't perfect so blow-by is definitely unavoidable. This is the biggest reason why engine oil has to be changed as frequent as it does (as compared to a gearbox, differential etc.), it gets contaminated from byproducts of combustion through blowby. My car doesn't burn any oil from combustion that I can notice..

Anyways my vote definitely goes for synthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread