Oil pan question

jakesspv6

Established Member
Well my motor has a decent sized dent in the oil pan and it sounds to me like the crank is hitting the pan now. What pans, if any, would fit my 98 cobra motor besides the 96/98? What's th best way you guys recommend on changing the pan out? And help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
-jake

crazycarlo

Established Member
I do believe all modular pans will fit just gotta make sure the oil pickup isn't dented or broken. They are 4v specific. Also the easiest way would be to use a hoist to list the motor up about 2 feet and replace the pan under the car. Or put the car on jacks, put a hoist on the engine to keep it raised then unbolt and drop the k member.

jakesspv6

Established Member
Thanks, will do.. But I now noticed that the driverside longtube is pinched so I have to replace that too now fml -.-

Last edited:

jakesspv6

Established Member
Would the wintage tray, and oil pickup from any 96-04 cobra work too or do I need to look for 96-98 specifically for that too

Tyler72

Established Member
All of the modular oil pans are the same from 96-04, even the 2 valve pans. Except that starting in 99 there is no oil level sensor. The windage tray, oil pump, & pick up are cobra specific though.

Users who are viewing this thread