Oil layout for Evans with twins

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Just a little sketch I threw together in AutoTrol. Installing most of this tonight. Gonna have sore hands from all those fittings.
Water layout is no different than standard 03 setup except I am not welding the crossover outlet shut, gonna cheat and use a stub hose and a plug for now. (it points straight down anyway)

This is still +/- a possible fitting or two. I left it huge so you could see the detail and read the part numbers.
oil-setupsmall.gif

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Here is mine, http://store.summitracing.com/defau...eywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp

Permacool 403 -10an 8 pass oil cooler, got it from Mjchip with all the rest of the evans stuff. It is all gonna fit man, confirmed it tonight. One thing though, gonna have to move the oil thermostat from behind the cooler to parallel with the ODB, basically where the horns are now. horns can go behind the cooler. Makes a shorter path for pre-temp oil to return to engine that way. Just one more $%#$^ing bracket to make :bash:

I would suggest smaller oil cooler, smaller thermostat, same ODB, same filter remote.

SVTboy

Established Member
Postban, what size fittings are you using in the oil pan for the return lines off of the turbos, (are the fittings going to be "tapped" in or are you goin to take the pan off and have them welded in??). Also, will those fittings be on the front of the pan or off to one side?? Thanks!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
SVTboy said:
Postban, what size fittings are you using in the oil pan for the return lines off of the turbos, (are the fittings going to be "tapped" in or are you goin to take the pan off and have them welded in??). Also, will those fittings be on the front of the pan or off to one side?? Thanks!

Had two 1/2NPT bungs welded on. One dead center in the front, the other about 2" back from the front on the right side.

TRBO VNM

this is funny Dave. How we buy kits that are bolt on kits and then while installing decide to change crap so then it is custom to your liking...I just remember doing the same type of crap myself. keep at it, sounds like you are getting damn close.

what about some pics? :thumbsup:

SVTboy

Established Member
postban said:
Had two 1/2NPT bungs welded on. One dead center in the front, the other about 2" back from the front on the right side.

Thanks!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

SVTboy

Established Member
postban said:

Just a thought, any specific reason for these two locations instead of both in front or one on each side?? Thanks again for the info

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
SVTboy said:
Just a thought, any specific reason for these two locations instead of both in front or one on each side?? Thanks again for the info

The down pipes come straight down in front of the oilpan, only room for one fitting there. The Drivers side is blocked by Power steering pump and water inlet so off to the other side it goes.

You can see what I mean in this pic.
555707_156_full.jpg

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Update with pics.

Simple bracket for remote oil filter mounting.
22297-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-001.jpg

Filter relocated, nothing underneath it so no mess during changes.
22298-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-002.jpg

Before the oil stuff was installed;
22299-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-004.jpg

Permacool #403 -10AN 8-pass oil cooler
22300-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-005.jpg

Canton Oil Thermostat
22301-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-006.jpg

Had to relocate the horns higher in the fender. They were in the way of the oil thermostat.
22302-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-008.jpg

Combo bracket for mounting Oil Distribution block and oil thermostat. 3"x2" aluminum extruded stock I scrounged.
22303-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-016.jpg

ODB mounted
22304-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-017.jpg

Oil Thermostat mounted, also installed Left turbo-to-IC pipe :eek:
22305-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-018.jpg

Believe it or not they are too close together to eliminate the loop :fart:
22306-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-019.jpg

Oil Cooler bracket mounted to bumper support.
22312-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-021.jpg

Oil cooler mounted to bracket.
22313-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-022.jpg

Had I not moved the oil filter to the position off the K member it would have been in the way of the air filter.
22314-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-025.jpg

Rear view of my oil setup.
22315-oil-layout-for-evans-with-twins-oil-026.jpg

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Dave, what would happen if you flipped the oil cooler upside down from the way you have it so the fittings were at the bottom? That way you could easily drain it.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Dave, what would happen if you flipped the oil cooler upside down from the way you have it so the fittings were at the bottom? That way you could easily drain it.

No way to fit it all and make it have drainage flow, even if I did invert it flow would be uphill to the thermostat. Or would have to pull the bumper to get to the fittings.

I am gonna remove that 1/4npt plug and install a airhose pressure fitting to take care of drainage. I figure I get almost 90psi of pressure on cold startups so the air blasting out the old oil will not harm anything.

SVTboy

Established Member
With the oil cooler in that location will it get much airflow through it, I can't tell from the picture angle if will be sitting in lower opening with the intercooler?

Also, you suggested in an earlier post to go with a smaller cooler, I was looking at the perma-cool 212 (4 pass), is this a decent size for this application??

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
SVTboy said:
With the oil cooler in that location will it get much airflow through it, I can't tell from the picture angle if will be sitting in lower opening with the intercooler?

Also, you suggested in an earlier post to go with a smaller cooler, I was looking at the perma-cool 212 (4 pass), is this a decent size for this application??

Can't comment on the 212, just don't know man.

Mine will get some airflow but the temp will be lower than stock oil/water thing can be just due to length of the oil path. While driving the air by the cooler will be changing constantly and effecting the cooling. I really do not have room in front of the IC.

I did have a friend tell me about some used low profile coolers on ebay, -12 Nascar stuff and considered getting one of those. Lots of ways to skin this cat.

Users who are viewing this thread