Oil in the supercharger after removal

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
Hey gang,

So I Removed the supercharger to put on a new one. There is some oil in the supercharger that looks like it has been running through the intercooler and puddles in the lower intake manifold. Not a lot, but there is some there.

Is this normal? Car has 14k miles. The elbow was clean and exhaust shows no signs of oil passing. Could it be the Pcv valve? The way it looks I can only imagine it's coming from the egr system.

http://
b63cb97d.png

bd93cobra

Established Member
I'd say it is coming from the PCV. It is a common problem with these cars. A lot of people either add an oil separator between the PCV valve and the intake or just remove the PCV valve all together and vent the valve covers to a catch can or install a breather to each valve cover.

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
I'd say it is coming from the PCV. It is a common problem with these cars. A lot of people either add an oil separator between the PCV valve and the intake or just remove the PCV valve all together and vent the valve covers to a catch can or install a breather to each valve cover.

Been thinkin of doin either of those. Guess now I have good reason!

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Some oil is normal. If your car is running fine and not blowing smoke you should be fine. You could also check your plugs for oil. I think your fine tho.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Make sure you run some brake cleaner/carb cleaner, or similar through your IC before putting it on the new blower! The IC fins will be clogged with oil residue, and it greatly decreases the cooling efficiency!

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
Some oil is normal. If your car is running fine and not blowing smoke you should be fine. You could also check your plugs for oil. I think your fine tho.

I changed the plugs last year and noticed one of them had some oil on it. About 1k miles later they're still looking good. I was wondering if this had something to do with the oily plug.

That blower looks better than at least half of the ones I get in.
Well thats good to hear, thanks, Posi! Always good to hear from the pros

Make sure you run some brake cleaner/carb cleaner, or similar through your IC before putting it on the new blower! The IC fins will be clogged with oil residue, and it greatly decreases the cooling efficiency!
Dang, I already put the other unit on, REALLY wish I had this intel before :cryying:

Last edited:

MY DREAM

Established Member
Every one CALM DOWN!!!! This is perfictly normal as the PCV reroutes oil vapor back into the intake and it turns back into a liquid and sticking to the intercooler and blower bla bla bla. Vent the pass cover to a breather and install a oil/air seperator on the driverside between the PCV and the blower. That will decrease the oil recirculated back into the cumbustion chamber significantly.

James

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I wonder what mine looks like with a KB 2.2 leaking in the internal seal...hmm

black 10th vert

Established Member
Every one CALM DOWN!!!! This is perfictly normal as the PCV reroutes oil vapor back into the intake and it turns back into a liquid and sticking to the intercooler and blower bla bla bla. Vent the pass cover to a breather and install a oil/air seperator on the driverside between the PCV and the blower. That will decrease the oil recirculated back into the cumbustion chamber significantly.

James

If you vent the passenger side, you will render the pcv system useless, as well as introducing unmetered air into the system. Not the way I would recommend. You can still have the separator AND keep the pcv system intact. I added a JLT filter to the pass. side, but honestly don't think it matters because of the way the air flows through the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread