Oil coming out of headers

50hoes

Established Member
Ok so i just got home and looked under my car and im leaking oil from somewhere by the headers and oil pan on the passanger side i think its coming put of the headers but not sure also alot of white smoke coming out the bottom and then the oil drips from the beaders

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
You've waited 1 hour between posts, and haven't posted a single picture. You have oil leaking from somewhere by the oil pan.. that's basically all you've actually said at this point and you want someone to magically solve this.

50hoes

Established Member
You've waited 1 hour between posts, and haven't posted a single picture. You have oil leaking from somewhere by the oil pan.. that's basically all you've actually said at this point and you want someone to magically solve this.

How bout u come to my house and take a pic for me i dont even know how to upload pics

joshcarp81

Established Member
patience Danielson. take a pic. upload it to photobucket. after downloaded into your album click share, and save image to clipboard as an IMG. paste here.

MG0h3

Established Member
Op, diagnosing an oil leak can be hard enough, doing it on here is going to be about impossible. If it's dripping and smoking, you may be able to watch with it running just have a fire extinguisher ready.

Not being a smart ass but you're sure it's not water from the AC? Guess the smoke would have to be steam.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
The only real things to leak oil and drip on the headers is a leaking valve cover or head gasket. If you think its inside your exhaust its a valve seal. You need to clean it up, put it on a lift or jack stands and watch it run. my bet is on the valve cover

hotcobra03

Established Member
It can be coming out air inlet tube at throttle body..

when I had head issues I was getting alot of oil and it was dripping down engine.

2000 dollar fix

50hoes

Established Member
It can be coming out air inlet tube at throttle body..

when I had head issues I was getting alot of oil and it was dripping down engine.

2000 dollar fix

I Think i also have this problem i just replaced my cold air intake because on my other one it would always leake oil put of the air filter i think it blow by and hoping it is but it cant be the valve covers because i got all my gaskets re done

s351

Established Member
Puts some uv dye in your car and buy a light and clean up your car the best you can. Then start your car in the dark and shine your light on the areas you think it's leaking and see actually where it's leaking.

It makes things a lot easier.

50hoes

Established Member
Just found out where its leaking from. Its leaking from the passenger side head on the back its right by where the valve covers. It looks like theres a pipe or sum sort of wire going into the head. Anybody know what it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
Just found out where its leaking from. Its leaking from the passenger side head on the back its right by where the valve covers. It looks like theres a pipe or sum sort of wire going into the head. Anybody know what it is?

I assume you're talking about the heater pipe that comes out of the back of the head, if so that has coolant in it. Nothing else back there has oil running through it.

50hoes

Established Member
I assume you're talking about the heater pipe that comes out of the back of the head, if so that has coolant in it. Nothing else back there has oil running through it.

Hold on ill take a picture

50hoes

Established Member
f7c877c680360da3e3442bf321c30e9b.jpg

50hoes

Established Member
Its something goes in between the valve covers and the head

Users who are viewing this thread