oil Change

351inside

Established Member
My car has 1500 miles now, and im changing the oil this weekend...

I read the manual and the oil capacity says 8 quarts, Does this mean, that is whats required? as in i drain all the oil, change out oil filter and then drop in 8 quarts??? :shrug:

Or how many quarts go into it...

ViciousJay

Established Member
what kind of oil does everyone plan on running? I really dont like 5w20 to thin for me... but i dont want to void my warranty? so what do you guy plan on using?

Mobil?
RP?
Ams?
other?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Id put in 7.5, warm the car up and check the level

Why? The capacity is 8qrts, just put in that amount and you'll be fine.

what kind of oil does everyone plan on running? I really dont like 5w20 to thin for me... but i dont want to void my warranty? so what do you guy plan on using?

Mobil?
RP?
Ams?
other?

The tolerances are pretty tight in all newer engines, I'd stick with 5w20. I like RP, but you can't go wrong with pretty much any good quality synthetic.

351inside

Established Member
Thats alot... LOL walmart is pretty cheap anyways... i always use ford synthetic it should be under 25 dollars for everything, unless the oil filter is more expensive, my oil change for the 08 was only around 19 bucks. im taking it for to the dealer as i have complimentary oil change anyways and car wash LOL

Entrenched

Established Member
I went RP at 500 miles and it took 7.5 qts. Checked it 3 times and again the next day. It was at the max fill line.
:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread