oil change on gt track pack

iSpencerPro

Established Member
Time for the first oil change and I can't decide whether to go with motorcraft 5w50 or amsoil 10w40. I want to make sure I maintain my warranty, but I don't want to put in the motorcraft if it shears down to a 5w30 and actually creates more damage to the engine. From what I've read so far, it seems like the 5w50 motorcraft has higher lead content afterwards and will shear in the first 100 miles. This info was found for a boss 302, so I was wondering what you guys use.
Its a 2014 GT w Track package.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I would use the Amsoil 10W40, will also be doing my 1st change soon, track pack car as well. That Ford 5w50 is expensive and there are better oils for the money. I would use the FL820S filter though.

Troponin

Established Member
Some of you guys put way too much thought in to this. Full Synthetic oils made by a reputable company is all you need for an engine to last as long as it possibly can. Don't believe the hype of all of the over priced "race" oils. They use out of date testing to "prove" their oil is better, when really, they are using additives and tests that have no place in today's engines.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Some of you guys put way too much thought in to this. Full Synthetic oils made by a reputable company is all you need for an engine to last as long as it possibly can. Don't believe the hype of all of the over priced "race" oils. They use out of date testing to "prove" their oil is better, when really, they are using additives and tests that have no place in today's engines.

:lol: You must be new around here

Users who are viewing this thread