Oil Change how to?

Spoolx

Established Member
I thought I rememeber seeing on but search knocks out oil so I am having no luck finding it.
I wanted to show a friend who just bought a cobra so he could feel more comfortable doing it himself.

Anyhow happen to have a link for it?

Thanks

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why not show him by physically helping him out? Unless he's far far away from you,lol. Serious though it's an oil change, has he done that in other cars before?

va boy

Established Member
Bdubbs is right. Nothing unexpected with these cars. 1 drain plug and a sideways filter. Tell him to refill with 6.5 qts, not 6 which the book states. Everything is easy access, as you alerady know. just give him a hand the first time and ask for beer as payment!

Last edited:

Spoolx

Established Member
Hes in a different state and I know its easy but he would be more confident with a guide, and I know I seen one before on here.

va boy

Established Member
Gotcha, different state. I remember searching for that "how to" as well before I did my first oil change, I too was unable to find it?
I'm gonna hunt around some other forums for you and try and provide a sticky for him.

cbr repsol

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-kWeY-Ueco"]YouTube - ‪How to Change Oil on a 4.6L Mustang‬‏[/nomedia]

here ya go ...its the same for a cobra

SVTDice

Established Member
As long as you run more then 6 Qt's your good, I personally run 7qt . My Cobra runs as smooth as butter. Also tell your buddy to look into using a 30 instead of a 20.

Wish him the best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread