Ohio boys, come on in.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Luke1333, 9cobra4:
I'm not too far from you both just north of Dayton in Tipp.

Maybe we can get a SW OH /Tri-state get-together going in the spring? :idea:

(I need to find out more about what gatherings for Mustangs/Shelbys there are in this area) :read: Maybe the OP can tell us more.

Sounds good man, I can't wait for warmer weather! There's a couple of yearly meets through stangbangerz.com, really good group of guys/gals. They're a small board, about 30-40 cars show up, but they always welcome whoever shows. They usually host them at a good restaurant/bar, sometimes they'll do a small cruise from the meeting point to the restaurant/bar. Anyway, if you're interested, I'll PM you when the dates are set, or you can register at stangbangerz.com.

rtvickers

Established Member
Sounds good man, I can't wait for warmer weather! There's a couple of yearly meets through stangbangerz.com, really good group of guys/gals. They're a small board, about 30-40 cars show up, but they always welcome whoever shows. They usually host them at a good restaurant/bar, sometimes they'll do a small cruise from the meeting point to the restaurant/bar. Anyway, if you're interested, I'll PM you when the dates are set, or you can register at stangbangerz.com.

Oh no! Not Stangbangerz. Lol J/K.

I agree with him. For those of you that are in the Cincy area. There is always some kind of get together going on. That goes for the ones up north also. Sign up on Stangbangerz.com or Gearheds.yuku.com so you dont miss out this spring. The CincySpeed streetcar shootout is always a great time.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member

I agree with him. For those of you that are in the Cincy area. There is always some kind of get together going on. That goes for the ones up north also. Sign up on Stangbangerz.com or Gearheds.yuku.com so you dont miss out this spring. The CincySpeed streetcar shootout is always a great time.

I forgot about gearheds, another good group of guys. I thought you were a member here but couldn't remember.

Caboose302

Established Member

SBZ hasn't really had an official cruise in quite a while though. Good place to get parts and info though.

+1 checking out Gearheds. Good group. I'm in Dayton as well an head down there whenever I can. It's about the only group that is very active with cruises in the area. Trying to get as many Dayton guys as possible involved so we can have our own mini-cruise down to Cincy.

Last edited:

rtvickers

Established Member
SBZ hasn't really had an official cruise in quite a while though. Good place to get parts and info though

I know right. Ive been thinking that for a while. Its definitely one of my favorite sites but its gone down hill in the past few years. I know you guys that are involved on there have heard it a million times. Why dont they let someone who cares about the site get involved. It could be a much better place. Ive been waiting for someone to bring up this situatiion on the Dirty Dozen thread. I think one of the requirements is you have to attend events and get togethers. They havent had one in a few years so how can there be a Dirty Dozen list. Most if not all get togethers on there are invites from Gearheds. I hope more people start coming to these get togethers this year. The poker run was a blast.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I know right. Ive been thinking that for a while. Its definitely one of my favorite sites but its gone down hill in the past few years. I know you guys that are involved on there have heard it a million times. Why dont they let someone who cares about the site get involved. It could be a much better place. Ive been waiting for someone to bring up this situatiion on the Dirty Dozen thread. I think one of the requirements is you have to attend events and get togethers. They havent had one in a few years so how can there be a Dirty Dozen list. Most if not all get togethers on there are invites from Gearheds. I hope more people start coming to these get togethers this year. The poker run was a blast.

You and Chad have really stepped up the cruise organizing, since the mods/admins seem to have given up.

rtvickers

Established Member
You and Chad have really stepped up the cruise organizing, since the mods/admins seem to have given up.

MustangJon puts a lot of stuff together. When we get together we try to come up with something that will be different and fun for the next one. And it doesnt matter what you drive, everyone is invited. The only thing I can really take credit for is the Terminator Tour and the Poker Run. Chad put in alot of work on the Terminator Tour also. He made the route. Mike(N/A SN95) had alot to do with it too. Ive made friends with some awesome people at these get togethers. Jon puts a lot of work into ideas on making them fun and having interesting routes.

You should try to make a few this year. I know were not as exciting as the guys from cincystreetscene but we always have a great time.

Caboose302

Established Member
Yes they have. I'm with Tommy about Jon, too.
I think the issue with SBZ is the owner doesn't back the Amins so they don't care anymore. I even asked about email notifications and the webmaster said that everything for the site was coming out of his pocket and he wasn't going to spend even more money on updating a site that is severly out of date. Even thought Vbulletin isn't cheap (looked into it for my website) where is all the sponsor money going? I know Gearheds will pick up in spring and I can't wait to start cruising again instead of wasting time on forums, lol.

Trubble

Established Member
Detroit Car Show - Opens Sat Jan 18

I am really eager to go the the Detroit Auto Show again this year. You know the new Mustang will be center stage! Any of you from SW OH (or any Buckeyes for that matter) interested in pooling? Or meeting in Cobo Hall? North American International Auto Show : Tickets are $13, $7 if you're 65 or better. ANY INTEREST? :shrug: Bill Tipp City - north of Dayton

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
2003 Black 'vert on CCWs, Beavercreek/The Greene/WPAFB area. I was only able to stop into the Lofino's car show towards the end of the meet ups. I was there with a few buddies, a 'Cuda and a clean 69(?) Mach 1.

During winter, summer days when I'm feeling lazy, or when it's too hot, I'm in my 2011 Silver S'crew Raptor.

There is another Black 'vert in the area, but it looked stock.

Trubble

Established Member
2003 Black 'vert on CCWs, Beavercreek/The Greene/WPAFB area. I was only able to stop into the Lofino's car show towards the end of the meet ups. I was there with a few buddies, a 'Cuda and a clean 69(?) Mach 1.

During winter, summer days when I'm feeling lazy, or when it's too hot, I'm in my 2011 Silver S'crew Raptor.

There is another Black 'vert in the area, but it looked stock.

Hey, we're almost neighbors! Don't work out at the Field, do you?

Maybe I'll see you in spring when Mustangs start bloomin' and coming out of garages...
Bill

rtroha

Nothin special
Established Member
Cleveland/ mentor area, check out my youtube page and subscribe pm me if you guys need anything. Ill sub this thread

[youtube_browser]QCuy-zZd9Yo[/youtube_browser]
Mentor here too. I've just got a farm truck though, not a Stang.:beer:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Hey, we're almost neighbors! Don't work out at the Field, do you?

Maybe I'll see you in spring when Mustangs start bloomin' and coming out of garages...
Bill

I work on the "winglets wonders" at the 445th. Aircraft electrician, "dirty wg-10," looking to move up. What do you drive? I drive the Cobra on "nice days" that don't involve anything above a 30% chance of rain. :p I usually frequent the Dodge Gym M-W-F. Down to do a 5k, like I'm taking out the trash! :beer:

I've been wanting to put my STVperf sticker on the Cobra and Raptor. Don't want to waste it! lol

I usually frequent the Kroger @ N FF and Dayton Xenia Rd. Please don't hesitate to say "hello." I'm used to Cali, where people were constantly asking what I had going on under the hood.:rockon:

Last edited:

Trubble

Established Member
I work on the "winglets wonders" at the 445th. Aircraft electrician, "dirty wg-10," looking to move up. What do you drive? I drive the Cobra on "nice days" that don't involve anything above a 30% chance of rain. :p I usually frequent the Dodge Gym M-W-F. Down to do a 5k, like I'm taking out the trash! :beer:

I've been wanting to put my STVperf sticker on the Cobra and Raptor. Don't want to waste it! lol

I usually frequent the Kroger @ N FF and Dayton Xenia Rd. Please don't hesitate to say "hello." I'm used to Cali, where people were constantly asking what I had going on under the hood.:rockon:
Sickblack/Caboose:

I drive a '14 GT500, GB/White. Got her last fall. I try not to take Andrea out in the rain, and never if there is a chance of salt on the roads. I'm in Area B (553), at least till fall, when my contract is up.

I want to try to get to Lofino's in the spring, but I'll keep an eye open for a sickblachmach or tangerine 302 till then. BTW, I'm up north, in Tipp City.

Bill

Caboose302

Established Member
Hell I may see you on base. If you see a red 03 GT that sounds like it's supercharged that's mike, another stangbanger. I'll be up at the hobby shop with my wife's black 95 GT quite a bit. I may take the pumpkin up there to pull the trans, or I might do it in my garage.

huntemor

I've been lurking for a bit and so this post is kind of out of the blue. I'm in Cincinnati and currently have an EVO X. Thinking of selling and getting an '03/04 cobra convertible. I found one I really like 7+ hours away. However, I'm not sure if I am totally going to miss the handling that I have right now and I can't find one to test drive anywhere nearby. Wondering if anyone here would be willing to give me a ride? (no need to drive) I'll swap for a turn in my EVO. PM me if you can help me out.

TylerM35

Established Member
I've been lurking for a bit and so this post is kind of out of the blue. I'm in Cincinnati and currently have an EVO X. Thinking of selling and getting an '03/04 cobra convertible. I found one I really like 7+ hours away. However, I'm not sure if I am totally going to miss the handling that I have right now and I can't find one to test drive anywhere nearby. Wondering if anyone here would be willing to give me a ride? (no need to drive) I'll swap for a turn in my EVO. PM me if you can help me out.

If handling is a concern I would go ahead and skip the convertible and get coupe. I had a 2014 wrx sti and a 04 cobra and now a 2011 gt500, stock for stock the wrx obviously felt worlds better around corners but I must admit just the small amount of suspension work on my 04 cobra it did very well itself around the corners

The gt500 on the other hand feels decent as well. But with it being winter I haven't got to really test it.

As long as you can settle with it not handling nearly as good as your evo but making up for that with straight line power you should be good!

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member

Once the snow melts I would love to give you a ride. I have some suspension things done to mine that help a ton. My brother in law also has a stock 03 that we can ride in for comparison. I am in West Chester.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread