Oh no..what now!!??

SVTFeltonPA

Established Member
Ok, So i posted a thread about my fear of things to go wrong with my new cobra purchase..and i think my fears are coming to life!..My battery light has been coming on whenever i have my lights on and i accelerate pretty hard, so from reading the posts from you guys i figured it was my alternator so i placed a order from ford and it should be here soon..Tonight while i was driving home I was giving it some juice and all i heard was my boost peg the whole way and my car shake in the back it seemed and I heard the boost..I think?..This is only my 2nd week owning this car and im just flipping out..Im posting a video when i accelerate in 4th gear and hopefully you guys can help me out :shrug:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX2GYceLoo0"]YouTube- 3rd Gear[/nomedia]

sassafras

Established Member
You need to replace the clutch disk at a minimum with the correct spline disk. You can use it as an opportunity to replace both the pressure plate and the disk if you don't like your current setup. Inspect your flywheel, and I would have it turned (if there's enough meat left on it) or preferably replace it or replace the friction plate in it if it's an aftermarket unit.

Also replace your TOB while you've got the transmission out with a FRPP TOB, cheap insurance.

Fat-cat

Established Member
Yup clutch is ****ed. Dont do that again until you replace it. Not sure what a stage 3 clutch kit is .. but my guess is that DFX is toast. Spec 3+ or twin disc time. The tq from all that nitrous is nasty on street clutch's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread